Hello everyone, long time no chat!

JAStark27

May 14, 2011
Visit site
Love the phone. I'm kinda worried that Verizon isn't really gonna support WP7 though. They seem very uninterested. The lack of display phones and negative selling on the phone has me worried. Especially when you walk in knowing what you want and they basically look at you like your stupid. Not to mention asking you why would you want that when there is the iPhone and android phones. But overall i love the device and really hope to see Verizon do some kinda phone blitz for WP7 like they did after the Motorola Droid came out for android. If Verizon gets behind WP7 even half of how they are with android I won't worry at all. Next step is waiting until I see a 4g front facing camera windows phone on Verizon with a solid hardware build. Here's to crossing our fingers and hoping that Verizon doesn't dismiss WP7 cause after Mango if the marketing is done right this will be right in line with android and the iphone in terms of sales atleast it should be. The thing in stores that is hurting the phone is first the impression everyone has for Windows Mobile. A guy at work asked what OS does my phone have and when I told him he said "Oh man I'm sorry". I explained that it wasn't the old Windows mobile but a completely new OS by Microsoft. Once I showed him a couple features and how smooth it was he was pretty impressed. So if the displays in the stores are better placed and not in some corner like Verizon wants to hide it then I really think people would consider using the OS. That and also having employee's that know that WP7 is not WM. I honestly think if a sales associate would basically walk a person through all 4 operating systems (iOS, WP7, Android, webos) that you would have a ton more people choosing WP7 then what there are currently. I have hardly heard anyone complain about the OS. Way to much bias people in the store. But i guess your gonna get that everywhere. Key thing is let the consumer see all there options then let them decide instead of pushing your (not meaning you Vet) biased opinion on a certain operating system. Only saying from personal experience. The only thing after Mango that i see it lacks is a good native Turn by Turn navigation. Everything else I would put head to head with Google and Apple. Sorry for the ramble tho.

Last edited:

scottcraft

Aug 1, 2011
Visit site
I'm on day two with my trophy and I'm really enjoying it. I came from a motorola droid and I think this os is hands down better.

gibbyhome

Nov 1, 2010
Visit site
Hay Wireless Vet,
My sister and Brother are loving the torphy and are very happy with it but
I agree what is your take on verizon and WP?
are they going to start pushing Mango devices ? are they going to carry 3 to 5 WP's
or is this some kind of tiral..
I'm sure you dont know exactly what they are doing at the top but what is your thoughts ... do you see top verizon people using a trophy ?

thebizz

Nov 18, 2010
Visit site
Seems to me that Verizon pushes Android more just due to the fact they make more money off of it because they can load more things on it its refreshing to get a device that isn't loaded with crap that I won't use. One of the reasons I'm loving WP right now I don't have to worry about rooting my device to get rid of trial apps and junk

Tjarren

Apr 17, 2011
Visit site
Just wondering how everyone is doing, and wondering how you are enjoying your phones? Looks like they are down to $49.99.

You know, I really, REALLY am. It's the 1st smartphone I've actually owned, so I'm still finding my way but am impressed at least weekly with something else cool that it does.

A good friend of mine got a Thunderbolt a few weeks before I got my Trophy. He kept going on and on about how cool it was (he had an iPhone 4 previously). I went to visit him recently and we talked about each others phones. He now HATES his and calls it complete crap and I'm still enjoying mine greatly (except for the battery life, which isn't awful but not great either).

I just got back from this 2 week trip and now am a FIRM believer in the usefulness of smartphones. This thing was INVALUABLE. From using My Trips to manage the itiniery to working Bing maps like a pro to scouting for local food and stores (again using Bing) to having to make huge changes to my trip using the Kayak app to watching movies purchased from Zune to using SYNC in my rented Ford Fusion to talk and play music while I commuted to watching TV shows on Netflix to gaming on XBL (finished Ilo Milo!) to taking pics at Epcot and having them automatically upload for sharing on Skydrive to on and on and on.

Mango will complete this for me, though. My only real disappointment is the camera being kinda crappy and the short battery life (or maybe I'm just too much of a power user noob). Overall I'm quite pleased.

JAStark27

May 14, 2011
Visit site
You know, I really, REALLY am. It's the 1st smartphone I've actually owned, so I'm still finding my way but am impressed at least weekly with something else cool that it does.

A good friend of mine got a Thunderbolt a few weeks before I got my Trophy. He kept going on and on about how cool it was (he had an iPhone 4 previously). I went to visit him recently and we talked about each others phones. He now HATES his and calls it complete crap and I'm still enjoying mine greatly (except for the battery life, which isn't awful but not great either).

I just got back from this 2 week trip and now am a FIRM believer in the usefulness of smartphones. This thing was INVALUABLE. From using My Trips to manage the itiniery to working Bing maps like a pro to scouting for local food and stores (again using Bing) to having to make huge changes to my trip using the Kayak app to watching movies purchased from Zune to using SYNC in my rented Ford Fusion to talk and play music while I commuted to watching TV shows on Netflix to gaming on XBL (finished Ilo Milo!) to taking pics at Epcot and having them automatically upload for sharing on Skydrive to on and on and on.

Mango will complete this for me, though. My only real disappointment is the camera being kinda crappy and the short battery life (or maybe I'm just too much of a power user noob). Overall I'm quite pleased.

yeah this is very typical. Android users always love there phones at first then when more apps get downloaded on it its starts to slow down and lag. Even freeze at times. It's why I got away from Android as fast as possible. Great Navigation with google maps but other then that its crap.

EJNelly

May 12, 2011
Visit site
Just wondering how everyone is doing, and wondering how you are enjoying your phones? Looks like they are down to $49.99.

Got mine on 6/2, yesterday my girlfriend had to yank it out of my hand to get me off of it. Other days I hear, "Get off your phone," a lot.

Ruined

May 24, 2011
Visit site

Great phone, glad I purchased it. Some of my friends who were previously iphone & android users picked up either my phone or samsung focus phones after playing with mine when their contract ran out depending on their service.

Microsoft has a winner here if they can just get people to try it and more cell phone salesmen to push it.

On another note, its too bad Verizon doesnt have more of a wp7 selection - the only phone I would have preferred is the AT&T exclusive Samsung Focus which uses the same OS but has a better screen & camera. Not that the screen and camera on this phone are bad, but the Focus is better. Still, I'd rather have this phone than a droid or iphone regardless of screen/camera; the core functionality is most important, and this phone is a notch above other types in this area IMO.

scottcraft

Aug 1, 2011
Visit site
Great phone, glad I purchased it. Some of my friends who were previously iphone & android users picked up either my phone or samsung focus phones after playing with mine when their contract ran out depending on their service.

Microsoft has a winner here if they can just get people to try it and more cell phone salesmen to push it.

I agree with this. I haven't had my trophy a week yet and everyone who sees it is impressed. I don't know how much Verizon is going to push Windows 7 since they have android and the iphone, so I guess we will have to spread the word on WP7.

aximtreo

Jul 14, 2008
Visit site
Hey Vet; good to hear from you again. Growth is slow but steady in the WP7 world. Just upgraded my trophy to Mango beta 2 and love it.

Stay around and keep us advised on how things are at Verizon.

Kitsune5tails

Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Hey WirelessVet,

It's been a while, my experience with the phone has been great. I had a small issue at the verizon store, the salesman didn't push other phones to much, but I think I remember being shown and being asked about other phones. I ended up buying one on Amazon cause it was cheaper. My only issue was the MSN messanger app was horrible in my opinion. I am now using the Mango beta 2 with messenger built in, and I really enjoy this phone alot. After seeing people I work with have the 4g battery drain, I think 3g is enough. I don't use high speed internet on the phone much. Although, I should probably state that the My Verizon app is odd. I got the phone before the teired internet started, so I don't need to worry. Yet I noticed that you should have it set to use wifi to keep data usage down, but the My Verizon app does not allow itself to be used if Wifi is enabled. I don't use the app much, because I have unlimited data, and after moving to the US from Japan, I use e-mail on my phone more than calling, because I am use to it (thats pretty much common in Japan). Others who don't have unlimited data might want the app to work with Wifi on though.

V/R,

Kitsune5tails

Wireless Vet

Apr 14, 2011
Visit site
Hey Vet; good to hear from you again. Growth is slow but steady in the WP7 world. Just upgraded my trophy to Mango beta 2 and love it.

Stay around and keep us advised on how things are at Verizon.

I finally have sold a couple to customers. I was trying to get one for myself, but wasn't able to do so.

JAStark27

May 14, 2011
Visit site
I finally have sold a couple to customers. I was trying to get one for myself, but wasn't able to do so.

Nice!!! I'm glad your selling them and not being biased for another os like most employee's have been. Nice job. You should def. get one either that or wait till a gen 2 device

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
EyeTea