Arrive's Successor?

book1245

Aug 9, 2011
Visit site
I'm on Sprint, as are most of the people in this part of the message boards I assume.

Later this month, I plan on making the jump to my first smart phone, and have loved the idea of WP7 since I first learned about it in the spring. Since I'm on Sprint, my only option is the Arrive. I really like the phone, having played with it personally just the other day in the Sprint Store.

That said, does anyone know anything solid about what Sprint's next WP7 phone will be?

It's not that I'm hesitant about getting the Arrive; I love almost everything I've seen about the phone (plus everything Mango will bring will make it even better). I just want to be able to look at options.

Are there any confirmed phones for Sprint coming out soon? I'll be going to Los Angeles in September, and classmates say it would be best to have a smart phone (I'm the only one of my friends without one atm) for that city. If there aren't any confirmed successors to the Arrive until later in the year, then I would go with the Arrive right away.

I also heard that the HTC Mazaa was a possibility, but no amount of googling would tell me an actual release date.

Like I said, I'm not necessarily reluctant to get the Arrive, it's just if there will be options in a short time, I want to be able to compare before committing for two years.

(Also, just to say, I did look in the other threads about Sprint phones, but nothing too recent or for sure. Since my question is about both Sprint itself and the Arrive, I thought I'd post it here)

Thanks!

turdsamich

Mar 17, 2011
Visit site
Im no expert but it seems like phone releases are usually kept hidden pretty well until very close to the release date (just look at iPhone 5 we all know its coming and likely in the next 2 months but beyond that no idea). I wouldnt expect any new WP7 phones on sprint until sometime in 2012, no inside info, just more or less reading the tea leaves as they say.

Also, just to add I wouldnt expect any new wp7 devices on any carrier until around December at the earliest which is when Mango is expected to launch.

Dave Blake

Mod and Ambassador Team Emeritus
Jan 11, 2008
Visit site
The tech at my local Sprint store told me there is another WP in the pipeline but he wouldn't make any predictions to what or when. He would only say that it was a non keyboard device. I spent way too much time at the Sprint store.

Mossy

Aug 11, 2011
Visit site
Heya. First time poster. I was going through the same dilemma recently with regard to the Arrive, and I just went ahead and bought it. Nobody seems to know when the Mazaa is gonna be released, and from what I've seen the specs are pretty similar to the Arrive anyway. No keyboard, .2 inches bigger, that's about it. TFT display, same cpu. Nothing that'll blow yer socks off in comparison to the Arrive.

I kinda like the physical keyboard and I didn't want to wait in the dark for possibly months for something new.

Arrive should arrive Monday. First smartphone of any kind for me. huzzah.

Have a super day.

ashykat

Nov 20, 2010
Visit site
There's really nothing solid right now about any new phone releases. I just bought a Trophy on Verizon used (I don't qualify for upgrade pricing because of the type of plan I have, but I also have no contract!), and I know you can get an Arrive pretty cheap used right now that way you'll still have your upgrade. Or, you could always get the Arrive crazy cheap on contract.

tonycereal#WP

Aug 3, 2011
Visit site
I'm in the same boat, and I think I'm gonna shell out for the Arrive. I'd rather get it now than stick out 4+ more months with my BlackBerry Curve 8530 while I wait for more rumored devices to pop up.

There's really nothing solid right now about any new phone releases. I just bought a Trophy on Verizon used (I don't qualify for upgrade pricing because of the type of plan I have, but I also have no contract!), and I know you can get an Arrive pretty cheap used right now that way you'll still have your upgrade. Or, you could always get the Arrive crazy cheap on contract.
Oh hey there Lake Forest!

Waucckhewww

Jul 18, 2011
Visit site
I would have to agree with turdsamich, I think the next sprint windows phone will come in early 2012. (Hopefully a Nokia!) I wouldnt hold my breath, waiting for new ones to come out. I wanted wp7 since early last year, then the os didnt get released until late october, and not till Nov for the US release, or until March of 2011 for sprint. I bought mine back in june from craigslist for $180 so I upgrade in 2012. I think that is the best route pick up a relatively cheap used phone and upgrade when the next gen phones become available.

dtreo

Aug 10, 2009
Visit site
I think it's safe to say that we will know what WP7 phones will likely be next for Sprint after the October Nokia event where it is expected that they will show their first WP7 hardware.

As the kids like to say...stay tuned.

book1245

Aug 9, 2011
Visit site
Well thank you to everyone for all your input.

I just processed my order with Sprint and my HTC Arrive should be here in a few days :-D

If the next Sprint phone, whenever it may be, is solely a touch screen, well, I'm going to like having the *option* of a physical keyboard (the really long qwerty will be new to me!)

I'm very excited.

Thanks guys!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
graceevans