Need advice

Rodu

Aug 19, 2011
Visit site
Hello all - here is my dilemma

I am due for an upgrade and my blackberry tours trackball is not working properly. I am not able to scroll down. I cant view webpages anymore because the cursor is at the top of the screen and I can only access the applications which are on my home screen.

I was stalling on getting a new phone until the (supposed) release of all the new phones in the next couple of months. I wanted to take a whack at a windows phone. I have Verizon so I would have to get the Trophy since I can not wait around until the mango devices come out. I have read around these forums and see that it is possible to upgrade to mango beta.

Give me some advice. How awesome is this phone? Is it necessary to upgrade to the mango beta or is 7 good enough?

Thanks,

Rodu

thed

Jan 6, 2011
Visit site
Mango is certainly better than 7.0. But we won't see the full benefit of Mango until the official release comes and the new apps and app updates come. Mango brings a lot to the table for developers.

Only you can really answer if it's necessary for you. I'm running the Mango beta, but I wouldn't say it's necessary for me. Try it out and if you find things lacking you can always try out Mango. Hopefully the carriers will get on the ball and release it soon and you won't have this dilemma for long :)

cdook

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
I came from a BlackBerry Tour on Verizon. I jumped to AT&T because I couldn't wait for Verizon to release their phone. WP7 is night and day to the BlackBerry. There's more speed, the browser is a ton faster and better and there's WiFi. I don't think any phone can beat Zune when it comes to music playback. Also the Xbox Live games are quality titles so you don't have to spend time shifting through rubbish. Oh and these phones have Wifi :D.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon