where is the mango for htc arrive?

dreamcast87

Mar 30, 2011
Visit site
Mango for the HTC Arrive is located at xda-developers forums...if you want the official one from Sprint.....I've no idea when and if they'll release it. Seems like Sprint is android's whore with all those android phones every 2 or 3 months.

JackG058

Oct 31, 2006
www.LatterDayTruth.org
I believe they'll support the Arrive also. Sprint is one of the best carriers at releasing updates. They are trying hard to be the carrier of choice, since they are fighting from 3rd place. They'll probably be supporting yet another platform's OS come October.

davenpj

Aug 9, 2011
Visit site
I get the 7 pro which is arrive (might be getting) if it don't have mango lol I'm going to be maf

sent from my desire

geekladyemjay

Sep 15, 2011
Visit site
Frustrating

For Sprint to be a communication company they are not communicating anything to their loyal customers. It would be easier to wait if there was some information to go on. I was going to do the beta but it seems too involved plus don't you have to revert back when the real update does come out?

sinime

Retired Moderator
Sep 13, 2011
Visit site
The 160 character limit for texts is so annoying...wish it was fixed in Mango.

Off topic, but that brings up a gripe of mine w/webOS... Well it may not be webOS, but here goes... If someone sends me a picture in a text and I forward it to multiple people, iOS & webOS always receive it, no problem. BUT BB & Android have issues. It never goes through to BB users and only sometimes goes through to Android users. I have had to learn to DL the pic first, then make a new message and attach the pic for it to work... So, any txt msg quirks like that on WP7? Or is it just that you are limited to 160 chars?

Edit: and how about animated gif images in text messaging? Does WP7 display them? In the txt app, webOS will just show the first frame.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums

Last edited:

geekladyemjay

Sep 15, 2011
Visit site
I was going to do it but chickend out. Where did you get your instructions from? The ones I was going to use started out by having me go back to Zune 4.7 but when I did that I was not able to log into Zune. I guess I will try again Sunday so that I can stop being frustrated. :)

DontHate707

Jan 3, 2011
Visit site
There hasn't even been a rumor about sprint testing I suggest we go to the sprint forum and ask. Sprint usually gets updates out as quick at t mobile and the arrive is one of there highest rated phones

geekladyemjay

Sep 15, 2011
Visit site
Thanks

That is the most I have heard about anything from Sprint. Would suck to have to wait but that seems to be the theme for Mango... "Wait" I guess new mango phones are just out of the quetion.

Thrasherx2k1

Mar 14, 2011
Visit site
So will the update be released for the Arrive within the next 2 weeks? Or does this only mean Mango will be released to the carriers within the next 2 weeks?

cherrywithns

Aug 25, 2011
Visit site
Just got news that 27th would be the roll out for Sprint. Just a little background.... For the past 5 years, I was a quality analyst for Sprint. I worked at the call center in Oklahoma. I was part of the group that was monitoring the calls. My responsiblity was the Ticket support team, and we worked closely with the Campus in Overland Park Kansas. My wife and I started our own business, so I resigned from Sprint, but I still have some contacts. My phone history was the Samsung Blade, then Palm Centro, then Blackberry Curve, Palm Pre, LG Optimus S, then the HTC Arrive.

I am anxious to have Mango on my device....

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb