where is the mango for htc arrive?

caliborn

Nov 14, 2009
Visit site
Are they going to announce it?

I had no doubt Sprint would be one of the first to roll out Mango but it would be nice to let everyone know how awesome they are at updating their supported phones....

or is that just my thinking?

erasure25

Jan 24, 2011
Visit site
The 27th would be great! I had hoped Sprint would make an announcement of some sort as we seem to be hearing from everyone else. It would make sense for Sprint to come out ahead of AT&T and Verizon given they are the 3rd largest. Keeping customers happy would make for a good plan... and keeping customer informed is generally a good way to keep them happy.

jrdatrackstar1223

Aug 15, 2011
Visit site
I want to believe it, but I am so scarred from Android that I can't believe it's coming that quick. I know WP7 is supposed to be a smoother update experience than Android (way smoother) but I just can't help but be cautious when it comes to carrier updates. Heck, the Epic is still on Froyo on Sprint, and without all the hype behind WP7 like Android (or the rumored upcoming iPhone) I feel like Sprint is treating WP7 like it's red headed stepchild and figuring that there isn't enough profit being made from it (thus not supporting it). I'm not saying Mango won't come to it (it has to), but that it will take forever.

I want to be wrong, so I've restored my phone back to NoDo. If the update doesn't come out (or at least some sort of announcement isn't made about Sprint's rollout) then it's back to Mango RTM I go because I'm tired of carriers always messing things up....

ThomasDietrich

Sep 24, 2011
Visit site
Sprint Updates

I just got my Arrive from Sprint and I would really love to see the Mango update on the 27th, but I don't believe that will happen. I've been using Sprint quite a while. The WinMo 6.5 update to the HTC TP2 took almost a year longer than Sprint had originally announced, and that was an "official" announcement from Sprint. Just hearing rumors from somebody that has a friend who knows a guy who's cousin used to date somebody that was a driver for a Q/A analyst at Sprint doesn't carry a lot of weight with me. The old saying is, "Fool me once shame on you. Fool me twice shame on me.".

So I'll look for Mango on the Arrive when and only when it is actually released on the Sprint site. There is no point to hope or speculate. They will delay, delay, delay, and then when it comes out everybody will be happy and say it was worth the wait.

But I do love my Arrive! WP7 is so much better than any other phone OS available! However, I am mad as all get out about the $10 up-charge for a "premium data plan"!!! My TP2 didn't need the extra $10 per month charge. There are many Android devices that don't require the $10 per month charge. Isn't Sprint the one with the commercials showing how their unlimited data blows past the competition? Well then why am I paying an extra $10 per month?!?!? Grrrr....

Thrasherx2k1

Mar 14, 2011
Visit site
I just got my Arrive from Sprint and I would really love to see the Mango update on the 27th, but I don't believe that will happen. I've been using Sprint quite a while. The WinMo 6.5 update to the HTC TP2 took almost a year longer than Sprint had originally announced, and that was an "official" announcement from Sprint. Just hearing rumors from somebody that has a friend who knows a guy who's cousin used to date somebody that was a driver for a Q/A analyst at Sprint doesn't carry a lot of weight with me. The old saying is, "Fool me once shame on you. Fool me twice shame on me.".

So I'll look for Mango on the Arrive when and only when it is actually released on the Sprint site. There is no point to hope or speculate. They will delay, delay, delay, and then when it comes out everybody will be happy and say it was worth the wait.

But I do love my Arrive! WP7 is so much better than any other phone OS available! However, I am mad as all get out about the $10 up-charge for a "premium data plan"!!! My TP2 didn't need the extra $10 per month charge. There are many Android devices that don't require the $10 per month charge. Isn't Sprint the one with the commercials showing how their unlimited data blows past the competition? Well then why am I paying an extra $10 per month?!?!? Grrrr....

There are not "many" Android phones that don't require the $10 charge... only one! The Samsung Replenish and that is only because it's a promotional offer. You had the $10 charge added because any new smartphone activation after Jan 30th automatically gets the $10 charge 4g or not. Doesn't matter if the phone is new or used either. Many people weren't happy with this charge obviously but something had to be done with Sprint losing so much money every quarter.

GekkoAce

Aug 14, 2011
Visit site
Just got news that 27th would be the roll out for Sprint. Just a little background.... For the past 5 years, I was a quality analyst for Sprint. I worked at the call center in Oklahoma. I was part of the group that was monitoring the calls. My responsiblity was the Ticket support team, and we worked closely with the Campus in Overland Park Kansas. My wife and I started our own business, so I resigned from Sprint, but I still have some contacts. My phone history was the Samsung Blade, then Palm Centro, then Blackberry Curve, Palm Pre, LG Optimus S, then the HTC Arrive.

I am anxious to have Mango on my device....

Watch out.. to many details.. WP/Sprint ninjas are on their way to silence you.

ThomasDietrich

Sep 24, 2011
Visit site
Losing Money

So the answer to losing so much money every quarter is to make all your high-paying customers so angry that they look at other carriers? That's exactly what I've been doing. Verizon isn't that much more expensive now that Sprint is charging me an extra $10 for nothing. Verizon offers far superior coverage, and their 4G runs at like 40Mbps for my friend. My Sprint coverage is OK, but I do drop calls and cannot use my phone while in the office. His Verizon phone works everywhere, all the time, and never drops a call. He is only paying slightly more than I am now that Sprint is ripping me off with this extra $10 for NOTHING. So I doubt their business plan will resolve their problem of losing money every quarter. But hey, what do I know?

cherrywithns

Aug 25, 2011
Visit site
Watch out.. to many details.. WP/Sprint ninjas are on their way to silence you.

Ain't that the truth, LOL. Haven't worked there for about a year now, but still love phone tech. In regards to the update for Windows Mobile, during testing and then right after the announcement, Microsoft told Sprint, that all efforts were going to be placed on Windows phone 7 and that they would not be supporting Windows Mobile any longer, not much any carrier can do about that.

I am anxious to see if Mango does come tomorrow.

DontHate707

Jan 3, 2011
Visit site
Oh there twitter they told someone they dont have a specific date yet so I dont think we'll be seeing it for about another week or even longerrr :-/

wellsmanfu

Apr 14, 2008
Visit site
I'm officially rolled back to NoDo and patiently (yeah right) waiting for my phone to tell me I have an update.

Don't bother checking, it's not going to be available this soon after midnight. Trust me, I checked like a kid on Christmas Eve waiting for my new toys!!

MedicX

Jul 24, 2011
Visit site
Patience. Hahaha. A word that we hate, but many of us have come to appreciate. Coming from a Palm Pre, I have experience. Good luck to all and enjoy when it finally lands. I know I will.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rogertewarte