where is the mango for htc arrive?

ryancell

Sep 22, 2011
Visit site
I am a current webOS Sprint Pre user who loves webOS, but with no new hardware, I sometimes think about getting this phone since it has a keyboard. Will this mango update bring tethering possibilities to this phone? I currently have freetether on my pre and use it for tether my touchpad. If this phone can do a similiar freetether I'd be inclined to try it with mango.

scottitude

Sep 8, 2011
Visit site
No tethering with or without Mango, sorry.

On a related note, as a disenfranchised webOS user, I have to say WP7 is slick. Never tethered with my Pre so it wsn't a deal-breaker and I'm very glad I made the switch.

Last edited:

scottitude

Sep 8, 2011
Visit site
Still, unless/until Sprint starts offering the Samsung Omnia 7 and/or Focus, ryancellsprint is out of luck. For now anyway, the HTC Arrive is his only option.

Last edited:

tiny

Mar 20, 2011
Visit site
Updating now. Should be done in a few minutes. (coming from Mango dev beta).

The main thing I will be looking for here is a fix for the texting which won't allow me to type long messages and then auto-break them up.

Edit:

First it updated to the final build of Mango.

Then it ran through a cleanup update.

Now it is running through a Sprint specific update. (fixed texting - I hope so!)

So if you aren't already running mango, I assume you will skip over that middle step.

Last edited:

techygeek82

Sep 16, 2011
Visit site
Updating now. Should be done in a few minutes. (coming from Mango dev beta).

The main thing I will be looking for here is a fix for the texting which won't allow me to type long messages and then auto-break them up.

Edit:

First it updated to the final build of Mango.

Then it ran through a cleanup update.

Now it is running through a Sprint specific update. (fixed texting - I hope so!)

So if you aren't already running mango, I assume you will skip over that middle step.

160 Limit is still there. :-(

caliborn

Nov 14, 2009
Visit site
Hmm....the update finished but I see none of the enhancements. It looks the same....:(

doing a restore and trying again another day....

Last edited:

jrdatrackstar1223

Aug 15, 2011
Visit site
the only real enhancement I see is in IE....it used to rotate with a sort of laggy animation.....

other than everything looks the same as RTM. that's why carrier updates get on my nerves....they don't add anything at all but more time between getting an official release...

tiny

Mar 20, 2011
Visit site
Hmm....the update finished but I see none of the enhancements. It looks the same....:(

doing a restore and trying again another day....

If multitasking is there, then your phone is up to date. If you are saying no enhancement from the developer release, there shouldn't be anything too obvious.

caliborn

Nov 14, 2009
Visit site
I meant Mango(7720) didn't even install....the update stopped on 7403 even though it said it was complete....I'll try it again when I get home tonite...

DontHate707

Jan 3, 2011
Visit site
no visual voice mail or internet sharing -_- everything else is amazing I really doubted sprint at first but I was one of the first to get it here I think. So sprint def gets a pat on the back. Mango is amazing the os feels so much more complete with every detail now. And im using internet explorer 9 as I type and they turned a great browser into a amazing one. And the performance boost and none laggyness ensures why im sticking with wp7 for the long haul speech works great Bing is amazing they truly did a great job it was worth the wait. I hope you all get it as soon as possible.

tiny

Mar 20, 2011
Visit site
I meant Mango(7720) didn't even install....the update stopped on 7403 even though it said it was complete....I'll try it again when I get home tonite...

Oh - well this update actually comes in several parts. If you just leave your phone connected, it should detect the next part of the update.

tmorningstar

Feb 14, 2011
Visit site
Soooooo......forgive me if this is a dumb question but if some of you have gotten the Mango update, shouldn't all Arrive owners as well? Maybe I'm confused on how this is all going down. Zune is saying no update for me.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
COME ON WIN ANDROID (ADI)