New Samsung Omnia 7 Firmware (NoDo & Mango)

TheWeeBear

Jan 9, 2011
Visit site
Just sharing that SamFirmware are posting updated ROMS tonight, looking forward to seeing what changes there are in the firmware.

I Take it the Mango version will be 7720.68 but not sure yet.

I have flashed 2 previous ROMS from SamFirmware with no problems at all.

Windows Phone 7.5 (Omnia 7) - www.SamFirmware.com

(Apart from wiping the phone of course LOL) :)

Remember, it's all at your own risk of course if you attempt firmware updates.

I already have Mango, so if the firmware is just the same as I already have, I won't be bothering. :)

TheWeeBear

Jan 9, 2011
Visit site
I'm not bothering as apparently it doesn't work going by all the posts anyway.

I will probably get locked up now for posting replies to my own posts. :)

TheWeeBear

Jan 9, 2011
Visit site
Well i got it to work only to find out that the ROM on SamFirmware is all T-Mobile branded YUK!

So now flashing back to what I had before. Why did I bother ? LOL

TheWeeBear

Jan 9, 2011
Visit site
I miss my Mango. (Sticking with NoDo so i can get the official Mango update when it arrives) :)

Well i want to join in the all update fun, no harm in that is there ? ;)

karupin

Aug 17, 2011
Visit site
This is quite a coincidence, (let me interject your one-sided conversation TheWeeBear)

I have a Samsung Omnia 7, on t-mobile uk. Not had it for long, about a month and a half. Went through the nodo update just fine the first time I connected it up to pc. But now I really really want the mango update.

I have an idea of how I should upgrade, but I'm not sure if I may lose certain functionalities being a t-mobile customer and having a t-mobile branded handset. You mentioned the ROM was t-mobile branded. I'm assuming that would be ok for me to upgrade my handset?....

TheWeeBear

Jan 9, 2011
Visit site
Well it flashed fine eventually for me karupin101 but the T Mobile boot screen drove me mad and all those apps that were T Mobile only Grrrr. (Moaned that my sim wasn't a t mobile one)

It was indeed Mango (7720.68) and had the mobile TV apps, Garmin turn by turn I think it was.

I would have loved the improvements that came with it but it all felt so unclean to me LOL

Wahay i'm not talking to myself anymore, thanks for that. :eek:)

The improvements are outlined below karupin101

1) Updated camera driver: Touch-focus now works (instead of simply touch-to-capture), Bing Vision no longer looses focus and correctly adjusts the white balance in low light environments.
2) Updated Motion Sensors driver: Digital Compass is now faster and more accurate. The accelerator is also faster when switching orientation in Internet Explorer.
3) Updated Radio software: WiFi and Cellular data transfers appear to be faster (applications downloads are faster as are page loading times in IE9)
4) The hidden WiFi Network feature is now available.
5) Bing Music is now faster and more accurate (updated mic driver + radio update I guess)

I think it was T-Mobile Germany so don't know if that will make any difference to you or not.

karupin

Aug 17, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for those details, TheWeeBear, very helpful!

Im not actually too pleased about the t-mobile branding on my handset also, (despite being a t-mobile customer, etc.) I read somewhere that its possible to flash the omnia7 to a vanilla bootrom, not affilliated with any network. Do you know if thats possible? As apparently, (again from what Ive read) that would allow a mango update quite promptly as your not tied to when you network provider feels like broadcasting an update to its customers.

TheWeeBear

Jan 9, 2011
Visit site
Well i did flash my phone twice previously from roms on SamFirmware and it got rid of the 3 boot screen. I just wanted the improved performance it offered and it made a big difference for me.

Still simlocked to 3 but I did get the NoDo update pretty quickly. Just wish Samsung would hurry up and release their official Mango ROM with the improved firmware.

The latest firmware is dated March 2011

karupin

Aug 17, 2011
Visit site
Well i did flash my phone twice previously from roms on SamFirmware and it got rid of the 3 boot screen. I just wanted the improved performance it offered and it made a big difference for me.

Hmm... Improved performance in what sense? Due to fact that there was no bloatware software from the network provider? What big difference did you notice in particular?

TheWeeBear

Jan 9, 2011
Visit site
Just a general speed up of booting and everything seemed a little zippier. If your phone is relatively new you probably have the latest official firmware. I got my phone way back in October and the first firmware flash was the most beneficial for me in speed up terms.

To be honest 3 hadn't messed about too much with branding which was good. :)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
killshot4077