trophy on craigslist

patchulaz

Sep 8, 2011
Visit site
i've been on android for over a year, but i'm looking to get a trophy to try out windows phone. i did find one on craigslist, and i'm trying to arrange to meet with the person to look at it. my question: if i decide i want it, and if i bring a laptop with me, and i activate the phone on the spot, does that immediately eliminate the possibility of it being a stolen phone, etc.?

patchulaz

Sep 8, 2011
Visit site
well, part of the deal would be that it is a trade for my android phone. so by activating the trophy on the spot, i'm also deactivating my android to give to the guy.

foosball

Dec 22, 2010
Visit site
That would work....but its still worth a call to Verizon beforehand to get an answer about the Trophy's ESN before the trade....my .02.

Sent from my HTC Arrive using Board Express

thed

Jan 6, 2011
Visit site
Why not have the seller meet you at a Verizon store? You can get everything checked out and taken care of right there.

SleepyTheDon

Aug 4, 2011
Visit site
i've been on android for over a year, but i'm looking to get a trophy to try out windows phone. i did find one on craigslist, and i'm trying to arrange to meet with the person to look at it. my question: if i decide i want it, and if i bring a laptop with me, and i activate the phone on the spot, does that immediately eliminate the possibility of it being a stolen phone, etc.?
Yes if you can activate the device it means it has not been reported stolen. You can dial 611 or *228 to activate. If it is stolen and very well may NOT be someone can always report it stolen later

patchulaz

Sep 8, 2011
Visit site
as it turns out, the dude never got back to me, and it was gone a few days later. i think it woulda ended up being a bad deal. he told me via txt that there were some scratches on the screen, when the craigslist ad said mint. you really gotta watch yourself on these types of deals.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes