Is it me or.....

TheWeeBear

Jan 9, 2011
Visit site
I was ridiculously excited for the Titan until they announced the Samsung Focus S. Now I'm torn between the two!
I know what you mean, I think the Super Amoled Plus is winning it for me, if only Samsung would announce it's equivalent in Europe Grrrrrr. (Omnia 8 Please) :)

boss.king

Sep 14, 2011
Visit site
After HTCs recent announcements I have to say I'm a little disappointed that the Titan didn't get a gig of RAM. That said, I'm still desperate to own one :)

DannyUC6

Sep 18, 2011
Visit site
I hope it is soon. If the next iPhone has a 4 inch screen or larger I will be real tempted. Hurry up ATT. I can't wait for my first WP and thanks! Hopefully it will be out so the threads can commence.

Judge_Daniel

Sep 7, 2011
Visit site
I know what you mean, I think the Super Amoled Plus is winning it for me, if only Samsung would announce it's equivalent in Europe Grrrrrr. (Omnia 8 Please) :)

Exactly. The Titan looks beautiful with its giant screen and (what looks like, at least) its high-quality camera. The Focus S, however, just screams "high-end device", though. It has the SAP screen and what seems to be a really nice GPU.

The Focus S just hasn't been revealed enough (which might be why I'm so intrigued) for me to make my final decision, but the Titan's WVGA is just killing me.

theefman

Nov 14, 2008
Visit site
Exactly. The Titan looks beautiful with its giant screen and (what looks like, at least) its high-quality camera. The Focus S, however, just screams "high-end device", though. It has the SAP screen and what seems to be a really nice GPU.

The Focus S just hasn't been revealed enough (which might be why I'm so intrigued) for me to make my final decision, but the Titan's WVGA is just killing me.

WVGA is the only resolution WP7 supports now so the Focus S will also come with that res. Also has the same Adreno 205 GPU as the Titan but probably would look tons better on the SAmoled+ screen.

smartpatrol

Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
The Titan's pixel density is still higher than e.g. the iPhone 3GS's screen. And Engadget's preview said they didn't notice any excessive pixelization. I think it'll look just fine.

Judge_Daniel

Sep 7, 2011
Visit site
WVGA is the only resolution WP7 supports now so the Focus S will also come with that res. Also has the same Adreno 205 GPU as the Titan but probably would look tons better on the SAmoled+ screen.

Oh, I thought that WVGA was the other choice instead of SA+. What does the Titan have instead of the SA+?

Judge_Daniel

Sep 7, 2011
Visit site
Oh, ok. Thanks for clarifying that for me. I knew all WP7s were 800x480 (which is another reason I'm sort of skeptical about the Titan's large screen), but I didn't know WVGA meant the same. I guess I've been confusing WVGA and SLCD this entire time. Sorry.

TheWeeBear

Jan 9, 2011
Visit site
No need to apologise, WVGA just means wide vga which is the screen resolution. Although the Titan has a huge screen, its screen resolution is no higher than any other WP7.

Reactions: Judge_Daniel

Judge_Daniel

Sep 7, 2011
Visit site
Then isn't that a negative on the phone? Won't it be more pixel-y (word?) on a larger screen, or is it still small enough to be negligible? I just figured the combo of the large screen, the same resolution, and the non-Super AMOLED+ would be a negative. Any ideas?

smartpatrol

Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
The Titan's pixel density is still higher than e.g. the iPhone 3GS's screen. And Engadget's preview said they didn't notice any excessive pixelization. I think it'll look just fine.

TheWeeBear

Jan 9, 2011
Visit site
Yes Jay Bennett (Developer of the WPC App) said when he was at the HTC announcement in London, said the pixelisation was fine and the screen looked amazing, but of course you have the outside in bright light scenario. Nothing comes close to Super Amoled Plus.

Really need that feature in Scotland with our long hot bright sunny days. (2 days if your lucky) :)

1jaxstate1

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
Is there really a difference between Super Amoled and Super Amoled plus. Something that someone can see with the human eye.

Sent from my Samsung Focus using Board Express

TheWeeBear

Jan 9, 2011
Visit site
Here you go 1jaxstate1, the technical blurb. :)

Super AMOLED Plus vs Super AMOLED: to the PenTile matrix and back

Samsung's Super AMOLED Plus displays dispense of maligned PenTile pixel configuration -- Engadget

amoled-samoled-plus-comparison.jpg

Last edited:

selfcreation

Dec 16, 2010
Visit site
Is that noticeable on a 4.3" screen. Looking at the non enlarged photo. They look exactly the same.

yeah for sure!!!

i compared my FOCUS (SA) the the GSII that my colleague has (SA+) .....

and you can definitely see the different. its like having a retina screen.. but BETTER....

or better yet .. its like comparing 720P to 1080p ... or 720I to 1080P actually.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99