Is it me or.....

DannyUC6

Sep 18, 2011
Visit site
is there way too little excitement going on here for the Titan. When researching I was expecting tons of threads for this and surprised only to find 5!!!! This will be my first WP!!! The new Mango update really cemented it for me. I have owned all of the iphones, various blackberries, Nexus S 4G, HTC Evo, Samsung Epic, but never a WP. I was very close with the Sprint one which I believe was the arrive. I am super excited. My only concern is battery. Anyone have a clue as to how the battery is going to hold up on this thing? How are the WP batteries in general compared to android and iphone? Super excited can't wait to see this thing in person. As an avid Apple guy, it is nice to see Windows take the challenge seriously and knock it out of the park!

smartpatrol

Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
It has a 1600 mAh battery so it should last pretty long. WP7 seems to be a lot more power efficient than Android but maybe not quite as efficient as iOS. My HD7 has a lousy 1240 mAh battery but it still lasts significantly longr than my Evo's 1500 mAh battery did.

Sent from my HD7 using Board Express

Big Supes

Sep 1, 2011
Visit site
There's three things that I'm excited for. One, a Nokia WP, two, Windows 8, and three, MANGO! :D

EDIT: Ohh, and welcome, BTW, Danny. A Titan for a first WP will most certainly hit the spot. :)

1jaxstate1

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
I'm very excited about this phone. But I know it's not coming soon, so I've calmed down.

Sent from my Samsung Focus using Board Express

TheWeeBear

Jan 9, 2011
Visit site
Still waiting on the release of the Samsung Focus S here in the UK (Or whatever they will name it here). Would much rather have a 4.3 Super Amoled Plus screen over the bigger Titan LCD.

If nothing is forthcoming (I'm sure Samsung will announce soon) it'll be the Titan. :)

Duvi

Jan 1, 2011
Visit site
The Focus was the most popular device and will probably continue with the Focus S. I have never really cared for HTC and their devices... that's why I kept the 3D for less than 30 days.

starblade876

Jan 14, 2010
grrrinders.com
Would much rather have a 4.3 Super Amoled Plus screen over the bigger Titan LCD.
Titan has an SLCD. Dx

Supposedly, that should also help with battery life. I think the Titan is an awesome phone, but I'm content with my Arrive until my next upgrade and, hopefully, by then, there'll be a bigger, better slider waiting for me.

1jaxstate1

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
I'm not content t with my Focus anymore. I can't wait to get my hands on the Titan.

TheWeeBear

Jan 9, 2011
Visit site
Titan has an SLCD. Dx

Supposedly, that should also help with battery life. I think the Titan is an awesome phone, but I'm content with my Arrive until my next upgrade and, hopefully, by then, there'll be a bigger, better slider waiting for me.
I'd still much rather have super amoled plus over slcd starblade. :)

1jaxstate1

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
Yeah I'm feeling it. But I want a huge screen. After playing with a friends Streak I think the Titans screen would be perfect.

textomatic

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
Once I'm due for an upgrade I will concider both the Titan and Focus S. I will probably go with the one that has a better camera since I take a lot of pictures of my daughter.

boss.king

Sep 14, 2011
Visit site
I'm super excited about the Titan, but it doesn't look like it'll be coming to my country (New Zealand) meaning I'd have to import it, which would be expensive. Hopefully a site here gets it.

smartpatrol

Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
Then you will be going for the Focus S. Lol.

You sure about that? It sounds like HTC is putting a greatly improved camera in the Titan.

I'm actually very excited about the Titan. It looks like HTC is addressing all the shortcomings of their previous phones: better camera, better battery, better screen, better build quality (metal unibody design). I love my HD7, but honestly the hardware is pretty unremarkable.

I'm almost tempted to jump ship from T-Mobile. Now to convince my girlfriend. . . I bet she would go for the Focus S!

Duvi

Jan 1, 2011
Visit site
You sure about that? It sounds like HTC is putting a greatly improved camera in the Titan.

I'm actually very excited about the Titan. It looks like HTC is addressing all the shortcomings of their previous phones: better camera, better battery, better screen, better build quality (metal unibody design). I love my HD7, but honestly the hardware is pretty unremarkable.

I'm almost tempted to jump ship from T-Mobile. Now to convince my girlfriend. . . I bet she would go for the Focus S!
I can guarantee it will be better than the Titan... doesn't mean the Titan won't have a good one, but the best between the two will stay on Samsung's side. I was actually messing with their 8MP Galaxy S II and I confirmed it. The Samsung rep came in today and she was showing me pics she took at this car show and even when zooming, the quality was awesome!

psychotron

Aug 30, 2011
Visit site
When the device is out and in people's hands this board will surely pick up. Right now there really isn't too much to talk about. Oh, and welcome to WPC. :)

1jaxstate1

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
The hype over WP7 seems to have died down a lot. Only last week did people get excited over a update, which didn't come. I'm getting bored, no new hardware, and I've had Mango for a while.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss