New Omnia W Photo

Apoc

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
I don't like the fact it will still have a 5mp camera! Sammy, you're pushing me towards Nokia so fast, due to the fact of skimping on hardware specs. I am happy they put in a faster proc.

TheWeeBear

Jan 9, 2011
Visit site
I don't like the fact it will still have a 5mp camera! Sammy, you're pushing me towards Nokia so fast, due to the fact of skimping on hardware specs. I am happy they put in a faster proc.
Remember this is just the midrange Omnia Apoc, (Focus Flash)

The Focus S is the biggie. :)

Apoc

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
Remember this is just the midrange Omnia Apoc, (Focus Flash)

The Focus S is the biggie. :)

Still wished they could've put a 8mp camera. Hey WeeBear, what is your take on the storage aspect of this handset? Do you prefer bigger storage or do you like the Skydrive method?

TheWeeBear

Jan 9, 2011
Visit site
Actually 8 GB is more than enough for my own personal use Apoc, as my phone storage is only used for apps and the odd few photos i take. (Then I just up them to SkyDrive.)

Most of my music is streamed from Zune or Last FM but i have unlimited data, not everone does, so they may need more storage.

I understand others wishing to store everything under the sun on their phones and need more that 8GB but for me that's more than enough. :)

If only all WP7's had expandable memory that would keep everyone happy, but as you know they don't. :(

Apoc

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
I'm still sort of puzzled that Sammy sort of downgraded this one, compared to the Focus S. To be honest, the Omnia 7 was the overseas cousin of the Focus, only difference(besides shape), was the expandable memory. Don't know how diffferent the S-AMOLED+ is from the former, but bummed not on the new OW handset!

red grenadine

Nov 27, 2010
Visit site
I'm still sort of puzzled that Sammy sort of downgraded this one, compared to the Focus S. To be honest, the Omnia 7 was the overseas cousin of the Focus, only difference(besides shape), was the expandable memory. Don't know how diffferent the S-AMOLED+ is from the former, but bummed not on the new OW handset!

I think Samsung is going for the multi-tier approach.

Upscale: Focus S (US) / Omnia S (? Europe)
Mass Market: Focus Flash (US) / Omnia W (Europe)

This makes sense, especially with rumors of Apple doing the same with an iPhone 5 / iPhone 4S split

selfcreation

Dec 16, 2010
Visit site
yeah apple been doing it for years... Iphone 3 , Iphone 3gs..... ( and the possible 4gs with the Iphone 5. )

im glad to see they are giving the market a bigger Price range .. for people with more or less income .....

Mid to high end

and nokia will have the low end phones ( i hope for there sake they also make high range phones to )

Apoc

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
I think Samsung is going for the multi-tier approach.

Upscale: Focus S (US) / Omnia S (? Europe)
Mass Market: Focus Flash (US) / Omnia W (Europe)

This makes sense, especially with rumors of Apple doing the same with an iPhone 5 / iPhone 4S split

So it's the Omnia S, that I should be looking forward too?
Thanks, stupid me, didn't even realize that! Doh!
A little relief, now I just need that thing called, umm, what's the name again? Mano? Mindo?
Mingo? Something like that, it'll come to me(soon I hope!!!!)

selfcreation

Dec 16, 2010
Visit site
So it's the Omnia S, that I should be looking forward too?
Thanks, stupid me, didn't even realize that! Doh!
A little relief, now I just need that thing called, umm, what's the name again? Mano? Mindo?
Mingo? Something like that, it'll come to me(soon I hope!!!!)

no point in getting ther new OMNIA , its a downgrade version of the FOCUS.

its gona be less then your current omnia... FOCUS S ... is what should be your goal..... Omnia would just be a complete waist of cash... unless you like the new look..

Omnia W(s) doesn?t even have S-AMOLED_Plus :(

Dileu

Sep 12, 2011
Visit site
Am I the only person excited by the W? I find that 3.5-3.8 to be ideal for a phone - the 4" screen on my long departed Galaxy S was too big - even my long fingers couldnt reach across it. Faster processor, more sensible screen - I just stopped envying weebear's phone :)

TheWeeBear

Jan 9, 2011
Visit site
I just stopped envying weebear's phone :)
You can't go smaller inkytype. Yes I can, No you can't!

t-gifluv-fighting-539256893.gif

Apoc

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
no point in getting ther new OMNIA , its a downgrade version of the FOCUS.

its gona be less then your current omnia... FOCUS S ... is what should be your goal..... Omnia would just be a complete waist of cash... unless you like the new look..

Omnia W(s) doesn?t even have S-AMOLED_Plus :(
So the Omnia S is a downgrade as well?
:(

TheWeeBear

Jan 9, 2011
Visit site
No. the Omnia W (Focus Flash) is smaller than the current Focus and only Super Amoled (Not Plus) but has a faster processor and front facing camera.

The Focus S has front facing camera, Super Amoled Plus and has a 4.3 inch screen rather then the current focus's 4 inch screen.

Dileu

Sep 12, 2011
Visit site
Samsung has devices at 2, 3, 4, 5, 7, 8, 9 and 10 inches now.

No 6 inch phone? Pffft. ;) when does a phone become a tablet?

(IMHO - 4" - when you can no longer regularly use it with one hand :) )

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
powerupgo