Update question

matejwp

Sep 27, 2011
Visit site
Hey guys! I'm a little confused here and I hope you can help.. I bought my Omnia 7 with Czech T-Mobile firmware on it, but I'm currently with Vodafone Netherlands. So will I get my Mango from T-Mobile or Vodafone?

TheWeeBear

Jan 9, 2011
Visit site
waving.gif

welcome.gif

Hi matejwp, I would imagine it would be with T-Mobile if that's the branding on the phone.

But if it's unbranded it could be from whoever is first out with the update.

Interesting question, not really sure myself. I'm sure you'll get it very soon though. (Fingers crossed)

Apoc

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
I didn't think about that. I bought an unlocked Omnia 7, but it does have the T-Mobile branding on the back, so what happens now????

palandri

Retired Moderator
Jul 25, 2009
Visit site
I am in the same boat. I have an unlocked/unbranded GSM Trophy from Germany. I have no idea when I am going to get the update.

Apoc

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
The odd thing, I really didn't expect it to have the branding of T-Mobile on the back of it and didn't really think about it with updates. Looks like I will be waiting for T-Mobile of UK, Germany, or Netherlands???
smh

matejwp

Sep 27, 2011
Visit site
Telefonica (Spain) and T Mobile, the rest is fine I think for Omnia 7's matejwp. :)

Yeah, but my phone is T-Mobile branded! I've sent MS an email, asking for clarification..
Edit: Samsung too now. I've read somewhere that T-Mobile 'has no idea why it's late' and that it's only a delay.

Last edited:

TheWeeBear

Jan 9, 2011
Visit site
Yeah, but my phone is T-Mobile branded! I've sent MS an email, asking for clarification..
Edit: Samsung too now. I've read somewhere that T-Mobile 'has no idea why it's late' and that it's only a delay.
Hope you get it resolved soon matejwp. Not sure if it would be advisable to to try the Zune trick until you find out what the hold up is.

matejwp

Sep 27, 2011
Visit site
Hope you get it resolved soon matejwp. Not sure if it would be advisable to to try the Zune trick until you find out what the hold up is.

I hope so too. There is a guy on Neowin saying he's with T-Mobile UK and that he got the update with the Zune trick on his Omnia 7. Not working for me yet, though

TheWeeBear

Jan 9, 2011
Visit site
I hope so too. There is a guy on Neowin saying he's with T-Mobile UK and that he got the update with the Zune trick on his Omnia 7. Not working for me yet, though
I've just done the Zune trick too and the Mango update went perfectly but it did take me 3 or 4 tries to get the timing right.

(Was always too slow and got the phone is up to date message) :)

karupin

Aug 17, 2011
Visit site
Hey WeeBear,

I am trying desperately to enable this quick trick in Zune, and I just cannot get it to work for me. Having an Omnia 7 on T-mobile UK pretty much makes me feel that I am not gonna get the update any time soon. If you take a look here:

Windows Phone International Update Schedule | Mobile Software Updates | Windows Phone 7

you'll see near the footnotes the three asterisk singles out the Omnia 7 Handset as not currently delivering the update for Deutsche Telekom Group in Uk, (aka T-Mobile). Grrr its frustrating! You'd think they learnt from the NoDo update what the issue was with the Omnia 7.

karupin

Aug 17, 2011
Visit site
I've probably tried this 100+ times now. Used my desktop pc, laptop, (both windows 7 x64) Tried counting to 1, 2, 3, tried disconnecting the instant I press update. Have tried pulling ethernet cable, disabling network card, toggling wi-fi through hard-switch on laptop.

Its just not working for me! Samsung Omnia 7, on T-mobile UK, locked to just that network. Ive seen posts/comments on neowin and here from people with same handset/network and have done the network disconnect trick.

If I uncheck the "use my mobile data connection to check for updates" option on the handset, and then turn off wi-fi on the phone also, it doesnt matter if I stay connected to the net, Zune will never find an update. Says there is no internet connection.

At the end of my tether.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
COME ON WIN ANDROID (ADI)