Are all WP keyboards the same or is one phone KB better than another?

Res215dg

Jul 31, 2011
Visit site
Per say a Samsung Focus vs. HTC Surround- are there any differences with the keyboard, for example with sensitivity or better accuracy, etc?

Just curious if others have used different WP keyboards and have preferred one over another or are they all the same, besides screen size?

Typing landscape, i still type pretty slow since I make so many mistakes- It could just be that I switched from the Palm Pre keyboard over to a virtual and I'm still adjusting, or because I have a screen protector on, it may not be as accurate....any opinions Thanks!

jimski

Dec 11, 2010
Visit site
Can't speak for other devices, but my fat fingers work quite well on my Surround keyboard, with a screen protector. Probably in the high 90s on accuracy. Much better than any previous phone. Most of my typing is done in portrait mode.

Fyi, some apps like Board Express, have a lot of lag which creates errors not associated with the device kb.

Sent from my HTC Surround using Board Express

jchapman01

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
i've found the keyboard on the HTC HD7S to be better than the HTC Surround. But, I suspect that's simply because the screen is nearly a half inch bigger. I haven't found much difference between the Surround and the Focus. WP7's on board keyboard is perfect for 4 in plus screens, IMO.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos