MANGO update in progress

stevearsenault

Sep 28, 2011
Visit site
The updates went through just fine on my HTC Trophy, thanks to the Zune push "hack". Everything seems to be working, except for the lack of visual voicemail. Supposedly, Verizon is supporting the option to activate VVM on the phone, so I'm not sure what is wrong there. Other than that, the update is everything I could have hoped for.

Clow

Aug 13, 2011
Visit site
I got a notification at about 8:15. There is an update available for my Trophy. I will assume it is Mango. Unfortunately I had to replace my laptop, the new one is still in Tennessee. Once I get it I will load the Zune software. Once I do that, will the update pop up when I plug my phone in? Thanks

It will...you're good to go with the update

dakranii

Jul 19, 2011
Visit site
How the **** does that "force update" work if you're disconnecting the computer's Internet connection?
I think that it does a search for the update, then does a search for information related to your phone specifically. If in the second search it determines you aren't eligible for whatever reason, the search results will come back empty, despite there being an update available. So you start the search, it finds the update, then shut down the connection preventing it from searching for any reason to hide the update based on your phone or whatever.

I think that's what's happening.

rwalterk

Aug 22, 2011
Visit site
I think that it does a search for the update, then does a search for information related to your phone specifically. If in the second search it determines you aren't eligible for whatever reason, the search results will come back empty, despite there being an update available. So you start the search, it finds the update, then shut down the connection preventing it from searching for any reason to hide the update based on your phone or whatever.

I think that's what's happening.

I think you're correct. I finally got it to work today; I tried all day yesterday with no luck but it went through on my 3rd try this afternoon. It's downloading 7720 right now.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
johnwilliam9750