How's mango on the trophy?

malachijd

Apr 3, 2011
Visit site
I'm really liking it. Only 1 problem. I don't have 3g data anymore. It's weird I've had a smartphone for so long I forgot what it's like to just have a phone. No internet, no reaching out to the outside world besides talk and text. I miss it more then I thought I would.

RocknRedneck19

Jul 25, 2011
Visit site
I agree with missing the profile settings from my BB. I get all sorts of junk e-mails and my phone beeps through the night. I leave it in another room when I sleep.

My only issue with Mango is, I thought I read somewhere Mango would give the option for custom ringtones. Maybe this was just a rumor I read?

scottcraft

Aug 1, 2011
Visit site
I agree with missing the profile settings from my BB. I get all sorts of junk e-mails and my phone beeps through the night. I leave it in another room when I sleep.

My only issue with Mango is, I thought I read somewhere Mango would give the option for custom ringtones. Maybe this was just a rumor I read?

You can do custom ringtones. There's a sticky in the windows 7 operating system forum that tells how to do it.

I haven't got to play with my phone much with mango because I'm syncing all my music back to it, but from what I've seen it is very nice. I think the features it adds puts WP7 ahead of iphone and android along with the slickness of the os.

PZ+WP7

Mar 23, 2011
Visit site

I did a custom ringtone, works perfectly...

I leave my phone on the 1st floor, but if because of that, I miss work calls during the night too... (i'm an IT guy)

selcouth14

Aug 21, 2011
Visit site
Everything is running smoothly on my end here: I had to remove and re-add my Facebook account right after the install but the multitasking, bing vision, smilies, groups, twitter integration and network connection tiles all work perfectly so far. Also, if anything, it runs smoother and less jittery (not that it really was before) but that could also be that new update smell...

scottcraft

Aug 1, 2011
Visit site
This phone has always been fast and smooth, but now it's even faster. Moving between apps and scrolling is unbelievable. I don't think any android or iPhone can compare to the speed of this phone. Add to that the new features in mango and this is a killer phone.

Sent from my Windows 7 phone using Board Express

glamdring

Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
Runs great, even through all the beta it was great.

I always leave sounds off for my emails so no big deal, in fact I normally silence the phone during the night.

camaroz1985

Sep 29, 2011
Visit site
It would be nice to have sound and/or setting profiles. Maybe there could be an app for that. For instance while at work it is on silent, wifi is off and data connection is on, at home wifi is on, data connection is off, and it is on ring. I have the WP Shortcut Tiles app which has tiles for switching between data and wifi, but it would be nice to customize it further.

That said, I think Mango is great. I'm still discovering the new features.

scythe_02

Sep 29, 2011
Visit site
It's amazing.

Better speed, tiles are more 'alive' and updating info when it comes in instead of longer periods of time, seems like it's running smoother instead of bogging down with several apps running it just keeps on rolling. The menu screen is super intuitive, click on the "A" and pulls up the alphabet to a quick jump is slick!

Still trying to get my custom ringtones over, haven't had success in doing that yet.

SleepyTheDon

Aug 4, 2011
Visit site
very please with Mango but i am upset that you cannot create custom SMS/Email Alerts and the call log is still cluttered with a long list of freaking calls instead of being THREADED WHICH ONLY MAKES SINCE!!!!! MICROSOFT!!!

Sorry guys im calm now

palandri

Retired Moderator
Jul 25, 2009
Visit site
very please with Mango but i am upset that you cannot create custom SMS/Email Alerts and the call log is still cluttered with a long list of freaking calls instead of being THREADED WHICH ONLY MAKES SINCE!!!!! MICROSOFT!!!

Sorry guys im calm now

...but you can change the alerts, granted it's a limit list of like 10 different alerts.

To the original poster: Mango has ran fine on my Trophy. I haven't had any issues.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
COME ON WIN ANDROID (ADI)