New Message

Rhody#WP

May 3, 2011
Visit site
I noticed something in the messaging app. Sometimes I get a text and all the notification says is "New Message." Looking at the thread screen, it previews the last message as "New Message." The text itself says "New Message" on the top line and then starts the text on the second line. This mostly happens with friends who have an iPhone or when they send a text to multiple recipients.

I do not think this is a Mango thing, although I did notice it more after upgrading to Mango, because my car started reading texts to me. The texts that say "New Message" are blank when read using text-to-speech.

Is this just for the Arrive or Sprint? Is this an Apple thing or a group text thing? Anybody else notice this?

astraith

Apr 18, 2011
Visit site
I noticed something in the messaging app. Sometimes I get a text and all the notification says is "New Message." Looking at the thread screen, it previews the last message as "New Message." The text itself says "New Message" on the top line and then starts the text on the second line. This mostly happens with friends who have an iPhone or when they send a text to multiple recipients.

I do not think this is a Mango thing, although I did notice it more after upgrading to Mango, because my car started reading texts to me. The texts that say "New Message" are blank when read using text-to-speech.

Is this just for the Arrive or Sprint? Is this an Apple thing or a group text thing? Anybody else notice this?

I noticed that but it always a picture text.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon