ESPN Mobile site back to retro style with Mango...

Thrasherx2k1

Mar 14, 2011
Visit site
ESPN Mobile on IE9 on Mango is back to a very outdated version. Nodo was able to access a much newer cleaner looking ESPN Mobile layout. Why has this changed and is there anything we can do about it? The retro style is driving me nuts!!! And no I don't want to load the full espn.com site...

psychotron

Aug 30, 2011
Visit site
I never even go to the mobile site any more since I downloaded the ESPN ScoreCenter app. Really like it since it concentrates all the stuff I'm interested in into one place.

theman60099

Banned
Sep 22, 2011
Visit site
why not use the full site? they usually provide more functionality than the mobile versions anyway and IEM9 is a very high quality browser. i rarely even use mobile sites at all

Thrasherx2k1

Mar 14, 2011
Visit site
why not use the full site? they usually provide more functionality than the mobile versions anyway and IEM9 is a very high quality browser. i rarely even use mobile sites at all

Because it takes way too long to load full sites including ESPN.com with sprints super slow 3g network and IE9 doesn't load full web pages that quickly either. That's the point of a mobile browser is so they can load faster. I don't have WiFi immediately available to me most the time so 3G has to do for me a lot of the time and this retro UI is not satisfactory one bit...

foosball

Dec 22, 2010
Visit site
ESPN Mobile on IE9 on Mango is back to a very outdated version. Nodo was able to access a much newer cleaner looking ESPN Mobile layout. Why has this changed and is there anything we can do about it? The retro style is driving me nuts!!! And no I don't want to load the full espn.com site...

If you are interested in using a 3rd party browser try "Surfy" or "Metro Browser". They both work perfectly with ESPN mobile and they still have tabs conveniently placed.

I still can't get over how MS royally f***ed up the IE9 toolbar. Somebody should lose their job over the lack of user friendly implementation. How f**cking difficult is it to make a toggle on/off feature for tabbed browsing? Unf***ing believable.

Other than that I love Mango.

danisnotstan

Aug 12, 2011
Visit site

I think I know what you're talking about... I mainly use mobile sites as well and I was seeing this on the Yahoo sports mobile sites. In the browser settings when I switched my preference to display "desktop version" it fixed the layout issue in Yahoo pages. It's strange because I type "m.yahoo.com" and having "mobile version" as my preference I get the weird layout but if I select "desktop version" I get the MOBILE layout! (when typing "m.") Maybe this is a bug?

Thrasherx2k1

Mar 14, 2011
Visit site
Wow and just like that overnight we have the newer ESPN mobile site back with mango! How bizarre. Anyone know if this was Microsofts doing or was this on ESPNs end?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss