Should I switch to the Focus from HTC Trophy

mapexvenus

Sep 29, 2011
Visit site
I recently acquired a HTC Trophy and am within my 14 day return period. I am not entirely happy with the phone (camera, data speed, etc.) and am considering returning it and signing up for ATT service. Since the return policy of ATT is 30 days, I can also switch devices if ATT releases a second gen WP7 device in the next 30 days.

My 'issues' with the Trophy:

1. Data speeds are slow
2. Weird haptic feedback behavior
3. Smaller screen

My question is, how does the Focus compare with the HTC Trophy?

tsaunders80

Sep 19, 2011
Visit site
I can't tell you how they compare but I do know I really like it. I also got it for free from AT&T.

I don't think AT&T is going to release another WP7 in 30 days. I am hoping they will release the HTC Titan or the Samsung Focus S

mapexvenus

Sep 29, 2011
Visit site
I can't tell you how they compare but I do know I really like it. I also got it for free from AT&T.

I don't think AT&T is going to release another WP7 in 30 days. I am hoping they will release the HTC Titan or the Samsung Focus S

Well the rumor is that the Samsung Focus S will be released in October. Not sure about the Titan. If the rumor doesn't hold up then I will cancel my service in 30 days and then get new service once a new phone is available. I like WP7, but not willing to commit to 2 years with a first-gen WP7 phone.

Rodolfo#WP

Aug 25, 2011
Visit site
I'll ditto everything TS said, although the Focus is the ideal size for me and I won't be ready to end my $0 device-cost advantage any time soon.

But, it's probably fair to acknowledge that with the Focus, some users tend to drool over that super AMOLED screen, usually starting at the store. ;)

tsaunders80

Sep 19, 2011
Visit site
The Focus S is just a rumor for now and the Focus is free right now (which was one of my deciding factors). I also needed a phone and couldn't wait for something else to come out.

HeyCori

Mod Emeritus
Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
I recently acquired a HTC Trophy and am within my 14 day return period. I am not entirely happy with the phone (camera, data speed, etc.) and am considering returning it and signing up for ATT service. Since the return policy of ATT is 30 days, I can also switch devices if ATT releases a second gen WP7 device in the next 30 days.

1. Data speeds are slow
3. Smaller screen

The Focus is a great phone and has a terrific camera. The biggest downside is that it's plastic and lacks the more solid feel of the Trophy. If you want to wait for the Focus S you could always buy a cheapo pre-paid to hold you over for a month or so. I paid full price for my Focus and the only thing I regret is the lack of good cases available.

mapexvenus

Sep 29, 2011
Visit site
The Focus is a great phone and has a terrific camera. The biggest downside is that it's plastic and lacks the more solid feel of the Trophy. If you want to wait for the Focus S you could always buy a cheapo pre-paid to hold you over for a month or so. I paid full price for my Focus and the only thing I regret is the lack of good cases available.

I already have an iPhone on ATT, so don't need a phone line per se. I am a phone geek which is why I like to carry two phones on two different platforms.

ninjaap

Dec 10, 2008
Visit site

1. Data speeds are slow
3. Smaller screen

My HTC Surround recently broke (after 8 months of use) and I replaced it with a Samsung Focus I bought from ebay. The Focus' screen is larger and looks a lot nicer. However, the Surround's sound quality is much better than the Focus. I agree that HTC's haptic feedback feels weird, but it wasn't a deal breaker. What does annoy me, a little, about the Focus, is how the softkeys turn off after a few seconds. It's a little hard to find at times, especially in darker environments. But, overall, happy with the switch from HTC to Samsung.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kuyhaa