LG C900k compass not working correctly

murraye

Sep 29, 2011
Visit site
I forced the Mango update and the process went flawlessly. I like Mango and everything appears to be working fine except for the compass.

Using any compass program, the needle swings wildly before settling down in a random direction. Initially I thought it was the "Jack of Tools" app that was faulty because it wouldn't calibrate. I reported the fault and they acknowledged that there were problems and advised me of an update which I have subsequently received and installed, but the problem remains. Since then I have tried several compass apps and they all have the same, or similar, problems.

I have been worrying that the LG firware has not updated. Has anyone else experienced similar problems?

Last edited:

shirleyboy

Oct 18, 2011
Visit site
No mango for me via offical notification yet

I.m on Vodafone uk.Forced the update on 2nd Oct.I had problems with the office editing (it would,t let me) so I had to restore my optimus7 back to previous version.I,m now just waiting for the update notification.
It is starting to get a little annoying when Microsoft announce "Windows Phone7 Mango is here !" um.err.well it isn,t !

martin_strahilovski

Oct 19, 2011
Visit site
I forced the Mango update and the process went flawlessly. I like Mango and everything appears to be working fine except for the compass.

Using any compass program, the needle swings wildly before settling down in a random direction. Initially I thought it was the "Jack of Tools" app that was faulty because it wouldn't calibrate. I reported the fault and they acknowledged that there were problems and advised me of an update which I have subsequently received and installed, but the problem remains. Since then I have tried several compass apps and they all have the same, or similar, problems.

I have been worrying that the LG firware has not updated. Has anyone else experienced similar problems?

http://cdn.pocketnow.com/html/portal/news/0000012781//reset.jpg

You should make Reset on your phone. Backup your data via Zune and make Settings-> About-> "Reset your Phone". If the problem is still present, rollback Mango update and install it again.

Last edited:

anon(5333304)

Dec 10, 2011
Visit site
Compass on LG Optimus 7 and Mango

I am having the same problem. Have you managed to resolve this yet? It has been suggested to send phone back to LG for "repair".

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
EyeTea