battery life after mango

ericreinhardt

May 29, 2011
Visit site
Hi everyone I did the mango update on my trophy but since doing the update my battery life is horrible. Has anyone else come across this. Also I know the say programs stay running in mango is there a way to close them and could this be the problem with the battery.

TheWeeBear

Jan 9, 2011
Visit site
You could pop into settings / applications / background tasks and turn off apps that are running in the background incase it's one of those causing problems.

TheWeeBear

Jan 9, 2011
Visit site
Ah sorry about that ericreinhardt, was the first thing I thought of. :(

I'm sure you have WiFi and Bluetooth turned off too.

SingeDebile

Aug 14, 2011
Visit site
I actually think my battery life is better with Mango, and I'm not using the battery saver feature.

I haven't noticed any battery problems, but the battery for the trophy has always been its weak point for me.

I do recommend turning on the battery saver for when you phone is low on battery (not on all the time)

PZ+WP7

Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
My battery now dies about 3 times faster.

lasts maybe 4 hours tops without charge... used to be around 10-12 hours before.

ninjaap

Dec 10, 2008
Visit site
It may not be Mango. My HTC Surround's battery dropped all of a sudden after 5 months of use, pre-Mango. No warning, it just dropped one day. Wouldn't hold a charge past 3 hours. It's most likely a faulty battery if it's that severe. It is still covered under manufacturers warranty and I suggest you call your carrier to get it replaced. ATT sent me one right over.

thed

Jan 6, 2011
Visit site
Have you folks tried actually leaving the phone unplugged until it dies? Several people have mentioned that the battery indicator may have some issues and the battery will last a lot longer than it says. Running it until it dies seems to correct the issue.

narrow-minded

Oct 4, 2011
Visit site
I just got the Trophy a couple days ago and immediately installed Mango on it, so I don't know what life before Mango was like. Right now I'm sitting at 50% at 10 hours off the charger. Is that pretty normal?

It seems kind of "meh" to me, but I don't care as long as it gets me through a day.

Granted, it's a new phone so the battery may need some "conditioning" as well.

BudaAlien

Oct 8, 2011
Visit site
I have Samsung Focus and get about the same battery life pre/post Mango. What I have noticed is the battery indicator does not work correctly. I have run the battery down and factory reset the phone but the indicator just doesn't care! Hopefully this can be fixed, until then I'm just going to listen for the critical alarm! The indicator has been empty for two hours now.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
EyeTea