Dell Venue Pro repair

RichardAZ

Jul 20, 2011
Visit site
A friend of mine recently dropped her phone and the screen is shattered. Does anyone know if it's possible to get repair parts from Dell or from a third party vendor?

wolf1891

May 12, 2011
Visit site
A friend of mine recently dropped her phone and the screen is shattered. Does anyone know if it's possible to get repair parts from Dell or from a third party vendor?

okay... how far did it have to fall to shatter the gorilla glass screen? I've dropped mine a few times in parking lots (keeps jumping out of my coat pocket) and the only damage I've had so far is some scuffing to the corners of the phone.

I would imagine that contacting Dell will provide the info on the possibility of replacement of the screen.

NateShowww

Aug 2, 2011
Visit site
Dell will tell you it will replace the phone for the price of the phone. Cracked screen is not covered under warranty especially if it is dropped.

Gorilla Glass will crack when it is dropped on its corners. Everything has a weak point and Gorilla Glass happens to be the corners.

wolf1891

May 12, 2011
Visit site
Dell will tell you it will replace the phone for the price of the phone. Cracked screen is not covered under warranty especially if it is dropped.

Gorilla Glass will crack when it is dropped on its corners. Everything has a weak point and Gorilla Glass happens to be the corners.

really? then I suppose I must've been incredibly lucky thus far since each of the three times my DVP has jumped out of my pocket in a parking lot it has landed HARD directly on a corner but all that has happened to the phone is, the chrome trim in those corners is looking pretty dented/scuffed/chewed up. No damage whatsoever to the screen for me so far (knock on wood).

It doesn't surprise me though that they would likely NOT cover a cracked screen under warranty but, I do wonder what they would charge to do the repair if one were willing to pay for it (probably cheaper to just buy a new phone I suppose).

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
COME ON WIN ANDROID (ADI)