Neowin Quick Titan Review

1jaxstate1

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
Winrumors.com just posted their review, and they seem to think it's going to be the best WP7 this hardware cycle. I'm glad Gunzta said that the whites are brighter and look better, because I prefer the white theme!

HeyCori

Mod Emeritus
Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
Yes saw that 1jaxstate1. Here's their video. :)

Review: HTC TITAN, the giant Windows Phone 7.5 device - YouTube

Still telling myself the Titan's off my want list LOL

C'mon Samsung! YAWN! Grrrr! :(

The Samsung Focus comparison @ 4:37 is pretty interesting. The Focus is still pretty snappy even at 1GHz. I'm guessing most owners won't notice a dramatic difference in speed until newer apps learn to take advantage of the extra horsepower on newer devices.

Winterfang

Apr 20, 2011
Visit site
That review was great and detailed. Shame about the pricing compared to the Sensation, even worse is that the Sensation XL is basically the same phone but it comes with a free hight quality Beat headphones.

If HTC was using lesser stuff spec wise they could at least justified it by making a great quality device, even better screen, kick stand, front speaker and loud also.

Still looks great, let's see what the Focus S has to say.

power5

Oct 10, 2011
Visit site
Confused why the sensation has more ram and better audio as well. Or is it just the headphones that are beats audio? Same processor so I would expect the sensation xl to be much worse experience with android than the titan with wp7.

Winterfang

Apr 20, 2011
Visit site
There's 3 HTC Sensation. The regular android super phone, a beats version of said phone and the Sensation XL which is exactly the HTC Titan but with great headphones.

power5

Oct 10, 2011
Visit site
There's 3 HTC Sensation. The regular android super phone, a beats version of said phone and the Sensation XL which is exactly the HTC Titan but with great headphones.

Also has 768mb of ram not 512mb like titan. That is the thing that confuses me. I would much rather have the 768mb and wp7, definitely do not want a SC android, or any android really.

SanityFM

Oct 7, 2011
Visit site
Just to confirm, the Beats audio stuff is mid range quality at best, according to my recent research. So the inclusion of the headphones is not a selling point for me, although I guess they are free so.... If you're interested in great in ear headphones then maybe lookup Ultimate Ears or Phonak.

Reviews look good on the Titan but from my 4.3" mango HD2, it maybe a touch too big. Also, from early impressions the battery life is the same as WP7 on my HD2. I would like more than a day between charges. I will wait to see if Nokia's 4.3" screen WP7 offering looks good and probably give that a go when it's released. They traditionally do well on battery and camara.

Regards

1jaxstate1

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
With smartphone doing so much and doing those things so often, I'm happy, more than happy, to get a day out of my battery. Until there are major improvements to battery technology, I think a day will be the norm for batteries.

TheWeeBear

Jan 9, 2011
Visit site
Woooo all excited here, I will be patient then for Samsung's European announcement then 1jaxstate1. (Still tapping fingers) :(

As you know, the Titan is off my want list, even more now you've said that. :)

1jaxstate1

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
The Titan is still on my want list. But the focus s is moving up mine.
Woooo all excited here, I will be patient then for Samsung's European announcement then 1jaxstate1. (Still tapping fingers) :(

As you know, the Titan is off my want list, even more now you've said that. :)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shelton786