GSM noise is constant in headphones

fifthGear

Oct 6, 2011
Visit site
I'm new to Windows Phone. Got my HD7 about a month ago after having a Palm Pre since launch day. I really enjoy the OS and the pride of not being a sheep.

Probably what I use my phone for the most is to listen to music throughout my workday -- all day. However, when I connect my earbuds I hear that damn GSM noise (you know that nose that comes through nearby electronics when a call is coming through). The thing is with this noise is that it's pretty much constant. I even hear it in the background of music playback when the music gets low. Better headphones just makes the noise more pronounded!

Has anyone else noticed this issue? Does anyone know a way to minimize this sound?

I realize that it may be the case that not everyone hears the sound. My job tests our hearing periodically and I've been told repeatedly that I'm able to hear sounds well below the average threashold (in terms of pitch as well as volume); which in this case is a sort of curse. LOL

cj-m

Oct 5, 2011
Visit site
yes, i tried them today and the noise was very noticeable and off putting. I wasn't expecting it to be this bad.

fifthGear

Oct 6, 2011
Visit site
I love the phone and WP7 but not sure I can live with that noise. I listen to music all the time. For me it's one of the purposes of my phone. I'm not a fan of carrying multiple devices, so convergent devices are my solution. I'm seriously considering an HTC Amaze or Galaxy S II as an alternative.

cj-m

Oct 5, 2011
Visit site
Head Phone Noise

I love the phone and WP7 but not sure I can live with that noise. I listen to music all the time. For me it's one of the purposes of my phone. I'm not a fan of carrying multiple devices, so convergent devices are my solution. I'm seriously considering an HTC Amaze or Galaxy S II as an alternative.

Have you updated to Mango? I did on Saturday night and then yesterday i made an international call and decided to use my HD7 headphones...what an amazing difference! So give that a try, update to Mango and see if the performance on your headphones has improved.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Diane Cunhm