Texting with numpad on HTC Trophy

justletmesignup

Oct 23, 2011
Visit site
Hi all,

Is it possible to switch between the qwerty keyboard and the numpad while texting? I know it might seem like a strange thing to be asking but I would like to be able to choose between the two because I've gotten quite used to my current phone (LG Chocolate 3). I think the numpad is better for tapping out quick responses while in class (which I do a lot) than the portrait qwerty keyboard, which has smaller keys and will probably require some peeking down at the phone to type.

I'm due for an upgrade and am having trouble deciding between the HTC Trophy and the Motorola Droid Incredible, but if I can text on the Trophy using a numpad, I'll definitely go with the Trophy.

If it is only possible after an unlock, please let me know anyway (pm me if you don't want to look like a bad person, haha). Thanks.

kg4icg

Mar 20, 2011
Visit site
I find it easier voice texting, especially while driving, have the phone read me the text, and reply back through my bluetooth earpiece.

11B1P

Sep 5, 2011
Visit site
Yeah, with the Trophy you're going to get a QWERTY keyboard. I find that if I have a lengthy text, turning the phone into landscape mode increases the size of the keyboard. It hasn't been a problem for me. The keyboard is actually larger than what I use on my BB or Pre Plus.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb