nokia phones make me want this even more

velvetelvis

Jul 22, 2011
Visit site
well, my decision has been made. after the nokia world announcements i have decided i want this phone even more.

i think the 710 is just ugly and the 800 is a great looking phone, but, no ffc and not available till "sometime" next year. no thanks.

the focus s has a ffc, (i know, how much do you really use it? the holidays to see my family while i talk to them), samoled + screen and the size is better for me. i have a focus now and cant go to a smaller screen. and most of all, i get to upgrade in feb. no nokia in feb so not getting one.

needless to say i was dissappointed by the nokia announcements but what are you gonna do?

TheWeeBear

Jan 9, 2011
Visit site
I think this is me too velvetelvis, although still no Focus S announced for me here. I'd rather have a Titan than the new Nokias.

Great casing on the 800 but no benefit at all over my current Omnia.

Just wanted a bigger screen to be honest. :)

Neofire

Oct 17, 2010
Visit site
Focus S

Yes, the focus S and Titan is where its at, for those of use seasoned wp7 users who had our respect samsung or htc phones from the start. Nokia had a prime chance to sway use, but choose to keep it low end.

mateo2

Oct 27, 2011
Visit site
Yeah I agree. I think the Lumia looks great, but not great enough to wait several months. The Focus S seems to be better speced too. I'm on a Nexus One and am tired of Android. The only thing stopping me from getting the Focus S is if the contract is a lot higher than what I pay now on t-mobile.

jimski

Dec 11, 2010
Visit site
So everyone who purchased a WP7 last October/November (or after) should not be eligible for an upgrade till at least about June, assuming you are allowed an early upgrade (I am). Seems like plenty of time for Nokia to get their act together. And if it's going to be your first WP, both offerings would be a really good way to get to know the OS.

Sent from my HTC Surround using Board Express

jfa1

Dec 15, 2007
Visit site
Bought a focus from a friend as I had no upgrade until now. So I am waiting for the focus s or titan or the Ace or wait until they have been out a while and the price is down quite a bit on ebay!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
EyeTea