J4rrod

Sep 8, 2011
Visit site
"Lumia 900"

Specs:

4.3" Super HD AMOLED screen
1280 x 720 resolution
10mp camera w/ dual flash, 3mp ff camera
1.5GHz dual core processor (no, WP doesn't need it, but it would be nice)
1900 mah battery
1GB+ of RAM
Similar form factors as the 800
WP 7.5
All Nokia apps

Anything else you guys would like to add to this list?

psychotron

Aug 30, 2011
Visit site
All sounds very nice and completely doable with the exception of the screen resolution. I'm afraid we're stuck with 800x480 due to Microsoft's restrictions. :( Hopefully they'll be changing that in the not too distant future.

Sent from my Samsung Focus using Board Express

J4rrod

Sep 8, 2011
Visit site
All sounds very nice and completely doable with the exception of the screen resolution. I'm afraid we're stuck with 800x480 due to Microsoft's restrictions. :( Hopefully they'll be changing that in the not too distant future.

Sent from my Samsung Focus using Board Express

Well with the close relationship of MS and Nokia maybe they could up that restriction. I don't know, I can dream lol.

Umm Yeah

Jun 11, 2011
Visit site
Well with the close relationship of MS and Nokia maybe they could up that restriction. I don't know, I can dream lol.

I'm afraid it'll be just that for awhile, a dream. That resolution and support for dual core chips will be available in the chassis 3 specs found in Apollo, which isn't due out until the end of 2012.

Last edited:

foosball

Dec 22, 2010
Visit site
I just want some killer specs. So far Nokia has bombed on that front. Whose the next underwhelming OEM MS has lined up?

Sent from my HTC Arrive using Board Express

J4rrod

Sep 8, 2011
Visit site
Here's the thing, I find myself wanting bigger specs for the sole reason of having bigger specs, mostly to brag about to my iOS/Android friends. I know for a fact that WP doesn't in any way need dual core or that amount of RAM. It's just being able to advertise specs like that would maybe prove to be effective.

cckgz4

Aug 30, 2011
Visit site
I don't see the point when it doesn't drastically improve anything. Android NEEDS that to look as fluid as it's competitors. iOS/WP7 have proven you don't need Texas Instrument Omac Quad Core processors to have a phone that works

Umm Yeah

Jun 11, 2011
Visit site
This would be absolutely fine to me:

4.0"+ (up to 4.3") SAMOLED+ or SLCD screen
800 x 480 resolution
8mp auto focus QUALITY camera w/ dual flash
1.3mp ff camera
1.5GHz single core processor
1800 mah battery
1GB of RAM
32GB of internal storage OR expandable external storage
WP 7.5
All Nokia (or analogous) apps

This is COMPLETELY DOABLE with the current chassis 1 requirements/restrictions. I just don't get why no one will make one and claim the HIGH END of the WP7 market for themselves!! I REALLY thought that Nokia had the "Ace" up their sleeves but it appears that it's not ready for prime time yet.

foosball

Dec 22, 2010
Visit site

800 x 480 resolution
1.3mp ff camera
1800 mah battery
1GB of RAM
WP 7.5

This is COMPLETELY DOABLE with the current chassis 1 requirements/restrictions. I just don't get why no one will make one and claim the HIGH END of the WP7 market for themselves!! I REALLY thought that Nokia had the "Ace" up their sleeves but it appears that it's not ready for prime time yet.

This.

Sent from my HTC Arrive using Board Express

3migo

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
I would keep everything about the Lumia 800 the same, except for the internal memory. I would like to see it have a tiered range, from 16 up to 64, priced accordingly.

malachijd

Apr 3, 2011
Visit site
Is it just me or is anyone else totally unimpressed about the Nokia offerings. The lumia 800 sucks compared to the n9. I think it was Engadget article showing the difference and the n9 has a bigger screen, ff camera, and better pretty much everywhere else. I was really wanting a Nokia phone but now I am thinking I'll hold off. Although it's not like it would come to Verizon. I hope the "Ace" does come out. I'm not asking for a lot I just want a 4" or bigger screen with a ff camera. Oh well it's not like Verizon will get anything new. I'm so close to leaving Verizon

toddos

Jun 10, 2011
Visit site
Is it just me or is anyone else totally unimpressed about the Nokia offerings. The lumia 800 sucks compared to the n9. I think it was Engadget article showing the difference and the n9 has a bigger screen, ff camera, and better pretty much everywhere else. I was really wanting a Nokia phone but now I am thinking I'll hold off. Although it's not like it would come to Verizon. I hope the "Ace" does come out. I'm not asking for a lot I just want a 4" or bigger screen with a ff camera. Oh well it's not like Verizon will get anything new. I'm so close to leaving Verizon

This Engadget article?

Keep in mind that the N9 only has a larger screen because it has no buttons. That area of the screen (and the extra 54 vertical pixels) are where the required back/start/search buttons reside on the Lumia 800 (I assume they're real capacitive buttons under the glass and not soft buttons on part of the LCD, since that would require an OS modification). But yes, the Lumia lost RAM, the FF camera, NFC, storage (SD card slot, I assume), and 5GHz wifi.

Baka

May 5, 2011
Visit site
Take an E7, bump up the RAM, screen resolution, and give me a tiered storage package (my Zune 120 is FULL, I'd like more than 16GB of storage please!)

Make that phone and I will stand outside a different mall everyday for a week shillling for the phone for free.

Venom98

Mar 25, 2011
Visit site

800 x 480 resolution
1.3mp ff camera
1800 mah battery
1GB of RAM
WP 7.5

*******well said, throw in LTE/CDMA support and I'm a happy Wp7 user******

boss.king

Sep 14, 2011
Visit site
I think the 800 looks really good. A bigger screen and I think I'd sell a kidney for it. All I want is the 800 with a 4.3" (maybe bigger) display, and maybe a bigger battery. I watched a few previews and now I get sad looking at my 3GS.

EDIT: Oh and NFC.

3migo

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
I think the 800 looks really good. A bigger screen and I think I'd sell a kidney for it. All I want is the 800 with a 4.3" (maybe bigger) display, and maybe a bigger battery. I watched a few previews and now I get sad looking at my 3GS.

EDIT: Oh and NFC.

I guess I'm the only one that doesn't see the big point of NFC. I would NEVER use my cell phone as a "digital wallet," and as of now, there is absolutely no other purpose for it.

A 4.3 inch display sounds golden really, but I am perfectly content with the 800's screen size as is, the phone overall is an ideal size in my opinion.

A bigger battery I am always down for, as long as it doesn't mean bulking up the phone.

boss.king

Sep 14, 2011
Visit site
I guess I'm the only one that doesn't see the big point of NFC. I would NEVER use my cell phone as a "digital wallet," and as of now, there is absolutely no other purpose for it.

A 4.3 inch display sounds golden really, but I am perfectly content with the 800's screen size as is, the phone overall is an ideal size in my opinion.

A bigger battery I am always down for, as long as it doesn't mean bulking up the phone.

Check out the 360 speaker (the video on that page is pretty good if you have the time):
http://accessories.nokia.com/featured-story/nokia-play-360°/
I know it's not really a must have but it's a cool look at what NFC can be used for. Tap your phone on a speaker and it plays. If there are 2 speakers, it plays in stereo.

In the future you could use it to start a wireless sync with your computer, transfer files or contacts or things of interest to other phones (like passing a note) or as you said, to replace your wallet, bus pass, door key (I'd personally skip that one but it is currently an option), pair things wirelessly more easily, etc.

NFC isn't really a ground-breaking new feature, it's something that sits there and makes things a little easier every now and then, and that's always welcome.

Last edited:

cckgz4

Aug 30, 2011
Visit site
It sounds like you all want the Ace/900 (if they are the same phone). Why don't you all wait until tomorrow to see if they announce it?

3migo

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
Check out the 360 speaker (the video on that page is pretty good if you have the time):
Nokia Play 360? – Loud and Gear
I know it's not really a must have but it's a cool look at what NFC can be used for. Tap your phone on a speaker and it plays. If there are 2 speakers, it plays in stereo.

In the future you could use it to start a wireless sync with your computer, transfer files or contacts or things of interest to other phones (like passing a note) or as you said, to replace your wallet, bus pass, door key (I'd personally skip that one but it is currently an option), pair things wirelessly more easily, etc.

NFC isn't really a ground-breaking new feature, it's something that sits there and makes things a little easier every now and then, and that's always welcome.
I will say, that speaker is pretty neat, and would probably be something I would use. Now for the whole wireless sync, I can do that right now with my Zune HD and my Blackberry Playbook. On the Zune, once it is plugged into a charger it will automatically wirelessly sync to my PC and download whatever new media I have, or I can initiate the sync manually. And with the Playbook, it appears as a device on my PC all the time, and I can just drag and drop whatever I'd like onto it and it will sync.

****, even device to device transferring is nothing new, the old Zune 80's and 120's could do that back in 2007. And as for the whole door key or buss pass or anything of that nature, I would not use it for that. Having your phone be a payment device would just make them that much more interesting to thieves, and I don't want my finances to be that vulnerable.

boss.king

Sep 14, 2011
Visit site
I will say, that speaker is pretty neat, and would probably be something I would use. Now for the whole wireless sync, I can do that right now with my Zune HD and my Blackberry Playbook. On the Zune, once it is plugged into a charger it will automatically wirelessly sync to my PC and download whatever new media I have, or I can initiate the sync manually. And with the Playbook, it appears as a device on my PC all the time, and I can just drag and drop whatever I'd like onto it and it will sync.

****, even device to device transferring is nothing new, the old Zune 80's and 120's could do that back in 2007. And as for the whole door key or buss pass or anything of that nature, I would not use it for that. Having your phone be a payment device would just make them that much more interesting to thieves, and I don't want my finances to be that vulnerable.

I know you could transfer things wirelessly long ago, but the point of NFC is to make it easier. Just find the thing you want and tap it onto the other phone, done (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Ba8eyhoDAo Android Beam is sort of what I was describing, but obviously as WP7 approach to it). You could still use other methods of sending but it's just a simpler option. As for the wallet thing, you don't have to use it, but if you ever want to it's nice to have the option (I'm sure there would still be a passcode to pay for things, it just eliminates the need to dig around for a card and swipe it).

Like I said, it's not there to reinvent the way you do things, it's just a way to make things a little easier every now and then.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shelton786