Camera Specs for Focus S?

rmmoore80

Aug 20, 2011
Visit site
Does anyone have more details on the Camera for the Focus S besides just the megapixels, such as the aperture?

I'm about to get a new Windows Phone (to replace my HD7S) and I'm heavily leaning towards the Focus S but the Camera quality is important to me. Right now I'm torn between the Titan and the Focus S.

TheWeeBear

Jan 9, 2011
Visit site
welcome.gif

I know it doesn't give what you're asking for rmmoore80, but this is the fullest spec list for the Focus S that I know of yet, as little details seems to have been made available so far.

Samsung Focus S - Full phone specifications

Hope you can find out what you're looking for, and welcome along to WPC. :)

rmmoore80

Aug 20, 2011
Visit site
Thanks! I've found WPC a great place for a Microsoft Developer and Fan such as myself.

With my kids growing up, pending wedding (shh, don't tell my girlfriend, haven't asked her yet), and a lot of other photo-ops in the future I am more concerned with the camera than I have ever been. The catch is I don't know a lot about cameras. My HD7S has a dual-led flash and it really washes out the pictures with the high level of flash. Wondering if the single LED flash on this phone will help alleviate that some.

The rest of the specs look spot-on for what I was hoping for. Now if only it was released in the US already.

TheWeeBear

Jan 9, 2011
Visit site
Oh you have an exciting time ahead indeed. :) I think were all desperate for more Focus S details and reviews rmmoore80.

I am too, and it's not even available in Europe. Wish it would hurry up. :)

rmmoore80

Aug 20, 2011
Visit site
...I also can't find the battery details. The titan has a monster battery. I'm hoping the Focus S has a comparable battery. My HD7S has a small battery but it already lasts longer than my iPhone 3GS ever did.

TheWeeBear

Jan 9, 2011
Visit site
It's at the bottom of that page rmmoore80

Standard battery, Li-Ion 1500 mAh

Stand-by - Up to 300 h

Talk time - Up to 6 h 30 min

Probably better waiting for an official Samsung Spec sheet of course. :)

rmmoore80

Aug 20, 2011
Visit site
How odd, those spots are blank when I pull up that page. I think the Titan is 1600 mAh, is it not? If so, that pleases me to hear the battery is 1500 mAh. Great!

rmmoore80

Aug 20, 2011
Visit site
Awesome. I think the Focus S is my choice. I am surprised by some of the specs it has. It has Bluetooth 3.0 for example while the Titan only has Bluetooth 2.1. Now if I can only figure out when it will be released...

TheWeeBear

Jan 9, 2011
Visit site
Awesome. I think the Focus S is my choice. I am surprised by some of the specs it has. It has Bluetooth 3.0 for example while the Titan only has Bluetooth 2.1. Now if I can only figure out when it will be released...
Please wait for an official spec sheet from Samsung first though rmmore80.

Better being straight from the horses mouth. :)

And getting blood from a stone is easier than finding out the Focus S release date. :)

rmmoore80

Aug 20, 2011
Visit site
Of course. I take these speculative specs with a grain of salt. Some of the specs are accurate though as Microsoft has released SOME details at least.

velvetelvis

Jul 22, 2011
Visit site
Thanks! I've found WPC a great place for a Microsoft Developer and Fan such as myself.

With my kids growing up, ?????????? (shh, don't tell my girlfriend, haven't asked her yet), and a lot of other photo-ops in the future I am more concerned with the camera than I have ever been. The catch is I don't know a lot about cameras. My HD7S has a dual-led flash and it really washes out the pictures with the high level of flash. Wondering if the single LED flash on this phone will help alleviate that some.

The rest of the specs look spot-on for what I was hoping for. Now if only it was released in the US already.

congrats on the... ummmm.... thing that youre about to do. im in the same boat as you. doing something that involves another person with some family and friends being there. im thinking of having everybody take videos of the thing with thier phone and sending them to me so i can edit them together so i can save the $1000n dollars on a videographer.

as for the phone, i wasnt impressed with nokia offerings and this phone looks awesome.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon