HTC Titan or Lumia 800?

Dr.Phil

Aug 18, 2011
Visit site
so waiting until CES to see what might get Tmobile, now the big question is if any WP7 device will get adobe flash player on it. I think I read somewhere it was supposed to be available, yet I have not heard any news recently regarding the update that will enable it, because phones with 1 GHz processor are more than capable of running it, but I am not sure if they are supposed to enable that as an update or just future devices will have it, any opinions on that?

Microsoft probably wouldn't support Flash anytime soon or really at all. Their devices support HTML5 which is pretty much the future of the internet. Flash, while I like it, also has alot of security flaws. Microsoft instead has their own sort-of flash competition in Silverlight. In all honesty, I use to think that you should have a device that has flash but really it is kind of annoying when you come across sites with those huge graphic oriented introductions and you try to click skip or those sites with the drop down lists and all of that. Ugh, it is more annoying that you think...

littlesteelo16

Oct 27, 2011
Visit site
Just got an email from clove saying the the sim-free Lumia won't be available until January. Presumably expansys will have the same situation. Since I don't buy phones on contract, Titan it is.

kinslayer

Nov 10, 2011
Visit site
ah..the irony of life :)

I live in the states and can pick up the Focus S any time I please, but I don't even consider it. I am not a fan of plastic builds, so sadly the Focus S is out. But I am DYING to get a Lumia 800 and can't :( Maybe I should buy you a Focus S and you get me a Lumia ;)

Lumia is the one I would pick obviously. It's too gorgeous to not have if you can have it.

kinslayer

Nov 10, 2011
Visit site
I guess the better question is what do YOU find better about the Lumia? I honestly think the Focus S looks better than the Lumia, plus the bigger and better screen technology is always a plus. The Lumia just reminds me of an old iPod nano...just larger.

I would guess that you haven't actually picked up a Lumia in your hands. The pictures/video don't do it justice at all. I've played with the Focus S a lot and the Lumia 800. The build quailty of the Lumia is eons ahead of the Focus S. A whole different level. The Focus S is a great device of course, but still feels plasticy and cheap-ish. The Lumia is just so premium feeling. Extremely. You just need to see the Lumia in person.

Dr.Phil

Aug 18, 2011
Visit site
I would guess that you haven't actually picked up a Lumia in your hands. The pictures/video don't do it justice at all. I've played with the Focus S a lot and the Lumia 800. The build quailty of the Lumia is eons ahead of the Focus S. A whole different level. The Focus S is a great device of course, but still feels plasticy and cheap-ish. The Lumia is just so premium feeling. Extremely. You just need to see the Lumia in person.

Even so, I wouldn't buy the Lumia because a 3.7 inch screen is a no-go for me. Also, I would think the Titan would be on par in terms of build quality to the Lumia but I believe he was just asking me about the Focus S and the Lumia. Also, build quality to me doesn't really matter because on every phone I buy a put a case around it and a screen protector. I did have a Nokia E71x, one of the premium phones they offered, and after a year all the dust and dirt ended up underneath the screen with no way to get it out. I haven't had that happen on any other phone since.

I would consider Nokia if rumors of what the Ace is suppose to be comes to reality. But, the Lumia 800 is just a joke. All they did was take the N9 and made it worse. I mean come on, use a new design for a phone. I would much rather have the Lumia 710 than the 800.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99