HTC Arrive vs. HTC Touch Pro/Pro2 glass

SEKKDS

Oct 13, 2009
Visit site
Simple (probably real simple) question, I'm not making much effort to research the answer all that much, so I thought I'd just throw it here instead:

The Sprint HTC Arrive seems to have a really, really nice screen glass, that is fairly scratch resistant. I don't believe I have a nick in the months old device yet. However, my Touch Pro 2 got roughed up pretty quickly, and perhaps easily.

My question is, what is it that the Arrive has the the Touch Pro doesn't, in regards to screen being scratch resistant?

I don't believe it's a Gorilla Glass device, so what else has made the Arrive so scratch resistant, and what is it that the Touch Pro 2 didn't have? Just wondering.....

johnmcd348

Jul 28, 2011
Visit site
Not certain. I was kinda thinking the same thing awhile back. My TP2 always seemed to get nicked on the edges of the glass since it stuck up above the frame of the phone. i noticed this on my NIB phone and all the subsequent replacements I got. It did seem like the replacements had it happen much quicker than the original did. The Arrive they finally replaced the TP2 with is a little more compact in form factor. The glass is level with the frame of the phone and allows it to be less likely to get nicked. I don't know much about the scratch proofing though. 1st thing I always do with every phone, pda I've ever owned is putting a screen protector on it.

SEKKDS

Oct 13, 2009
Visit site
Thanks again "John McD348"... I'm just convinced something is (much) better than the TP2, for my TP2 is just messed up on the front, and I didn't do anything specifically rough with it. My Arrive screen is still nick-free, and without a screen protector. I gotta believe it has something going for it on the front.

venom5150

Mar 31, 2011
Visit site
The screen is a scratch resistant screen. Guy at the store got a key and tried to scratch it and didnt even faze it. As I left the store, I peeled away my Zagg/Skinomi (Forgot what was on) and I havent looked back. I also was one to place a skin on the screen on all my phones. Arrive looks so much better without it and it feels so smooth. Our TP2 did not have a scratch resistant screen as it is a completely different material.

toyotast165

Jan 4, 2012
Visit site
Um, my touch pro 2 had a plastic resistive screen from sprint not glass capacitive Like the pro 7/arrive

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs