AT&T Facebook Page (Focus S Available From 6th November)

3migo

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
Hmm not a bad idea. Actually, might not be a bad idea to go play with a Galaxy S II to get a feel for the hardware. Maybe I'll do that tomorrow and get that all out of the way.

I'm actually planning on doing the same tomorrow. I want to see if I like the general hardware of the GS2, and just imagine WP7 running on it instead of Android :D

hubgoblin

Oct 30, 2011
Visit site
I currently own an S2 (Sprint) and I can tell you the hardware is pretty good. The textured back adds a lot, it feels more premium than a slick matte back. Samsung phnoes are still just a wee bit light for my taste but the S2 doesn't feel cheap. The display is, of course, absolutely gorgeous.

Dusteater

Aug 24, 2010
Visit site
I currently own an S2 (Sprint) and I can tell you the hardware is pretty good. The textured back adds a lot, it feels more premium than a slick matte back. Samsung phnoes are still just a wee bit light for my taste but the S2 doesn't feel cheap. The display is, of course, absolutely gorgeous.

I did go take a look at it and I agree, the screen looks great. I also like the textured back, but it doesn't seem to attach that well. All of the display models at AT&T store and Best Buy had the backs all come off, and was a pain to get back on. Also, I was looking at screen protectors and they make them full bosy, but how in the world do you apply that to the textured surface? Not that you need it on that kind of surface.

Update: Oh, I forgot to mention, I went with my mom, who has the original Focus, and the devices really are the exact same size despite the Focus S having a larger screen. Pretty cool if you ask me.

3migo

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
I did go take a look at it and I agree, the screen looks great. I also like the textured back, but it doesn't seem to attach that well. All of the display models at AT&T store and Best Buy had the backs all come off, and was a pain to get back on. Also, I was looking at screen protectors and they make them full bosy, but how in the world do you apply that to the textured surface? Not that you need it on that kind of surface.

Update: Oh, I forgot to mention, I went with my mom, who has the original Focus, and the devices really are the exact same size despite the Focus S having a larger screen. Pretty cool if you ask me.

The textured back does feel nice. The only reason I've used a case on phones past, is because without a textured case, the phone would slide right out of my pocket. Hopefully the textured back on the Focus S will prevent that from happening, and if this phone has Gorilla Glass... No need for a screen protector either.

I think the more squared off look of the Focus S looks FAR better than the original form factor of the Focus, and the larger screen is always nice.

hubgoblin

Oct 30, 2011
Visit site

If you had that experience with the back it must be a display model issue. The back covet for the S2 comes off super easy and just as easy to get back on. Seriously, I was relieved when I bought it to find the back cover wasn't a pain.

Dusteater

Aug 24, 2010
Visit site
If you had that experience with the back it must be a display model issue. The back covet for the S2 comes off super easy and just as easy to get back on. Seriously, I was relieved when I bought it to find the back cover wasn't a pain.

I think the issue was they all had that tether glued on to the back cover, and it does come off easily, so they were all disconnected on the display devices. I am not anticipating an issue in normal use though. I would like some kind of shield for the body though, because unfortunately it is very high gloss, which shows scratches very well. Wish the whole body was rubberized finish, but oh well. Still looks like a great phone, definately one I will be getting. =)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes