Worth it?

alxclrk

Oct 27, 2011
Visit site
For all the Focus owners. I am going to buy a focus off contract from AT&T (not eligible for a upgrade until this time next year). Is it even work the $350 bucks for the phone that may or may not get the Mango update? Or is the Mango update a for sure and it is just a waiting game. I know its a crazy situation right now. So the Focus...is it a go?

Dave Blake

Mod and Ambassador Team Emeritus
Jan 11, 2008
Visit site
My understanding is that the update is out for the 1.3 version but not for the 1.4 so it just depends on which one you get. The 1.4 will get it its just not out yet in which case it is a waiting game. I have been looking around and have found the focus readily available on Craig's list for around the $200 range are you not interested in trying that route?

jimski

Dec 11, 2010
Visit site
Take whatever route you choose, but I would avoid a v1.4 Focus like the plague. I would not be surprised if every one of them has not already been pulled from retail and sent to a landfill.

While you would probably get the Mango update eventually on a v1.4 device, I expect any future updates will be faced with the same issues. Now v1.3, no problem. Go for it.

Sent from my HTC Surround using Board Express

jfa1

Dec 15, 2007
Visit site
there are uised ones on ebay for as low as $100.00 dollars and more around $150.00 I have had good luck over the years with smartphones and laptops on ebay. I only bought 1 of my six smarthones from ATT and that was the pure when my treo pro quit charging and couldnty get it fixed.

So I would tryin other routes before you buy diredt and pay $360.00 about half that price or less should be your target price. And try to make sure its a rev 1.3 device as others have said upgrading will be less problematic in the long run.

alxclrk

Oct 27, 2011
Visit site
I will def take the cheaper rout then, thanks guys. It just sucks because none of the sellers anywhere list what REV the phone is. So I feel like no matter what I am going to be taking a shot into the dark with which version I get. I guess I could return it if it is v1.4, but thats always a pain. I guess if it were an out of box item I could message the seller to check for me..

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos