Am I going to have to stand in line for this phone

palandri

Retired Moderator
Jul 25, 2009
Visit site
Yes I returned my WP7 phones, but only because I was disappointed with the first gen devices i had tried and I knew that there were newer devices coming. I also wanted to return within my 30-day return window.

Got it, that's what it was. Maybe you'll be happy with the Focus S. :cool:

Dusteater

Aug 24, 2010
Visit site
That's because it hasn't been released yet. Just announced.

I was hoping I would at least be able to pre order it and have it shipped out on Saturday for a Monday arrival. Oh well, one more day isn't a huge deal after waiting over a year for a Windows Phone.

Dr.Phil

Aug 18, 2011
Visit site
I was hoping I would at least be able to pre order it and have it shipped out on Saturday for a Monday arrival. Oh well, one more day isn't a huge deal after waiting over a year for a Windows Phone.

It is pretty funny the devices AT&T chooses to go up for pre-order before it comes out. Remember earlier this year, the HTC Status? That godawful android phone with the facebook button, and yet they thought people would be lining up on the pre-orders for it.

Dusteater

Aug 24, 2010
Visit site
It is pretty funny the devices AT&T chooses to go up for pre-order before it comes out. Remember earlier this year, the HTC Status? That godawful android phone with the facebook button, and yet they thought people would be lining up on the pre-orders for it.

Hah yeah, but it sure gave me alot of satisfaction to see it fail. I wouldn't want anything to do with Facebook.

3migo

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site

That's because the HTC Status is possibly the ugliest phone ever made.

AT&T isn't offering pre orders for the Focus S most likely because Windows phone represents about 1% of the market, and there are very few people seeking out WP7. They push what sells, and WP7 doesn't sell.

hubgoblin

Oct 30, 2011
Visit site

AT&T isn't offering pre orders for the Focus S most likely because Windows phone represents about 1% of the market, and there are very few people seeking out WP7. They push what sells, and WP7 doesn't sell.

Bingo. I'm still kinda shocked that MS is being so lackadaisical with their OS. Release a flagship phone for god's sake.

Dr.Phil

Aug 18, 2011
Visit site

Nah, not really. They honestly choose random phones for pre-order. I don't remember there being a pre-order for the Galaxy SII just a sign-up page to be notified of when it was released and that was by far the most anticipated device for a very good part of this year. The devices that are popular now just get those fancy sign-up pages. So, the fact that you don't see a page showing the Focus S as coming Nov. 6th with those cool graphics to make it look like "Wow this is a cool phone" kind of shows that the marketing just isn't there.

VernonEL

Nov 27, 2010
Visit site
I'll be there with bells on! I have been bugging my local retail store, so they know what to expect. I even know who will be opening Sunday morning. 80% sure I'll be getting the S, but I really need to get them in my hands before ruling out the Flash.

I can't freakin' wait!!

Sent from my LG Quantum using Board Express

3migo

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
Bingo. I'm still kinda shocked that MS is being so lackadaisical with their OS. Release a flagship phone for god's sake.
Hopefully Nokia's US offerings will make for a nice poster-boy for WP7.

I'll be there with bells on! I have been bugging my local retail store, so they know what to expect. I even know who will be opening Sunday morning. 80% sure I'll be getting the S, but I really need to get them in my hands before ruling out the Flash.

I can't freakin' wait!!

Sent from my LG Quantum using Board Express

I am undecided as well. I have to get both the Samsung Focus S and Blackberry Bold 9900 in my hands before I can really decide between the two.

3migo

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
This is exactly what I'm doing.

It will be a tough choice that's for sure. On one hand, you have WP7 which is backed by Microsoft and has a clear sense of direction, and a pretty, innovative OS. On the other hand, you have the 9900, with it's amazing keyboard, superior build materials, and iconic blackberry OS.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss