Keyboard after Mango

jdd77

Sep 24, 2011
Visit site
Ever since Mango, my keyboard keeps disappearing whenever I try to text or type something. I think it's a known issue because I've read about it (even before it started happening on my phone) and its actually starting to happen more frequently. Is this happening to anyone else and is it gonna be fixed? Or at least has Microsoft addressed this issue?

TheWeeBear

Jan 9, 2011
Visit site
I get it quite often jdd77, very annoying, the keyboard pops off and on 3 or 4 times then it's fine again.

Microsoft are aware of it, but not sure if they have announced any fix suggestions / plans yet.

rluka

Oct 25, 2011
Visit site
There's workaround by turning off background services. It got covered in WP related sites recently.

Got the problem too but not enough to be annoying. Doesn't install lots of apps though.

jdd77

Sep 24, 2011
Visit site
There's workaround by turning off background services. It got covered in WP related sites recently.

Got the problem too but not enough to be annoying. Doesn't install lots of apps though.

Yea.. I figured there were probably posts about this.. I was just wondering if there's any way to fix it. Sometimes its not enough to be annoying but alot of times it takes me awhile to type something because I'm trying to get the keyboard back. Do we just wait for something or do I have to call HTC or something like that?

cinny84

Mar 14, 2011
Visit site
I have not done the Mango update yet and I'm wondering if it's worth it. If the keyboard disappears, how are you supposed to text?!?!

What advantages does the Mango update have and is it worth it? The main thing I want is to be able to share video, either by text or adding to an email message, or uploading to Facebook. It baffles me that they ever released this phone without having that option.

Ntropy99

Jun 11, 2011
Visit site
It happens occasionally while I am typing. I just put the curser back to where I want it, and the keyboard is back. Not great, somewhat annoying, but not a big deal.

Mango is definitely worth it, if just for the updates to Bing. The QR code reader is great - no extra apps - and the restaurant finder is a must have. I like the voice to text.
I was able to force it onto my phone on day 1. And if given the opportunity again, would still do it without hesitation. The other thing that I love are the "to do's" for my calendar. I don't want apps to make my phone work, I want an OS that works for me. Mangofied WP7 is the best.

joemd60

Sep 14, 2011
Visit site
It happens occasionally while I am typing. I just put the curser back to where I want it, and the keyboard is back. Not great, somewhat annoying, but not a big deal.

Mango is definitely worth it, if just for the updates to Bing. The QR code reader is great - no extra apps - and the restaurant finder is a must have. I like the voice to text.
I was able to force it onto my phone on day 1. And if given the opportunity again, would still do it without hesitation. The other thing that I love are the "to do's" for my calendar. I don't want apps to make my phone work, I want an OS that works for me. Mangofied WP7 is the best.

I never noticed the to do list on the calendar.

jdd77

Sep 24, 2011
Visit site
Is there any way to actually search for something in the restaurant finder in Bing? It gives you suggestions as to what's around you but I can't find a search bar to actually look for something.

jdd77

Sep 24, 2011
Visit site
I also noticed that on occasion, the auto-correct doesn't auto-correct. And sometimes, not very often but still..the word suggestions don't show up. Don't know if this is a "keyboard after mango thing" or just my phone.

Ntropy99

Jun 11, 2011
Visit site
Restaurant finder locates the ones that are listed in the area. Want to find something else, then just go to Bing and type what you want. I have to do that from time to time when I am travelling and don't like the listed suggestions.
Auto-correct doesn't auto-correct? What did you type? I only have this issue when I type something unrecognizable. Most of time this is my issue, not the phone's. I will see if I notice the word suggestions not showing up. Haven't seen that.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb