WELL??????????????? Anyone have it yet?

VernonEL

Nov 27, 2010
Visit site
I'm still at the store, and its sitting right in front of me, activated, waiting to be enjoyed. The problem is that it is not in the product system yet, so I cant pay for it yet. Great. I just want to jump into this thing already!!

Sent from my LG Quantum using Board Express

erike3198

Aug 10, 2007
Visit site
I got it, not so impressed, strangely I feel like the UI lags a little compared to my original focus with mango. the start screen stutters when I scroll it up and down. dont know why,

KingCrimson

Jul 11, 2011
Visit site
I got it, not so impressed, strangely I feel like the UI lags a little compared to my original focus with mango. the start screen stutters when I scroll it up and down. dont know why,

Woah that's bad! I was actually thinking I was going to get a Focus S instead of the HTC Titan because I don't want a huge device that won't fit easily in my pocket.

gravage

Dec 2, 2010
Visit site
I picked mine up today. I came here specifically to post my review. I read this site every day and I rarely post here.

First, let's start with the AT&T store experience. I went to a local store in Austin, TX. A bunch of people were waiting outside. They let us in and there was a couple who was there to see the Focus S as well. There was a display for it, but no phone on display. The couple asked if they could see it and one of the reps went in the back and looked. She came out and said they didn't have it, that they only had the Focus Flash. Since I overheard, I confirmed this with her when the couple left. She said I could wait around to check again and find out if another store had it. When my turn came up, I asked the (different) rep and she went to look in the back. She came out with one and said there were only 2 in the back (Two!).

Shame on AT&T and Samsung. What a pathetic "launch day" for the device. No device on display, no knowledgeable reps, no advertisements. There were no posters in the store hyping the device, either. This is partly why WP7 is not doing better.

Now, onto the device.

Overall, it feels good in the hand. It is very similar to a GSII, if you have had an opportunity to hold that device. I have taken sample shots with the camera and they turned out like the ones my GSII took. Very sharp and full of detail. I'm going to take some comparison shots with my iPhone 4s today and compare them side-by-side. Without the battery, the device felt very cheap and light. This doesn't deter me at all and it's trademark Samsung, but don't be surprised when you hold one.

One thing that alarms me a little is that it seems to lag a bit. It's definitely not as responsive as I expected. There is a microscopic delay when typing and when scrolling up and down, there's a barely perceptible lag to the transitions. I wish I had my original Focus with me to compare, but I don't remember WP7 ever being like that. I have been using an iPhone 4s for weeks and maybe the speed of that device is what makes it seem laggy. I will need to do more testing to be sure. All I can tell you is that the screen and camera are great. My one concern is how the phone runs at this point. I will do more testing in the coming days and post my impressions here.

gravage

Dec 2, 2010
Visit site
I'm getting the same impression. I suspect that it can be fixed with a firmware update, but I have never seen WP7 run like this on a device.

gravage

Dec 2, 2010
Visit site

I'm getting the same impression. I suspect that it can be fixed with a firmware update, but I have never seen WP7 run like this on a device.

Dave Blake

Mod and Ambassador Team Emeritus
Jan 11, 2008
Visit site
You know....

I don't agree no lag here this thing sails past my a HD7S and its so so thin and light. Samsung really makes some sold feeling hardware I'm just scared I'm going to drop it. With my big clumsy hands and this phone being so thin I'm glad I have the insurance.

bpgui

Oct 29, 2011
Visit site
I'm officially disappointed. Not with the phone yet, since I haven't seen it yet.

Went to my AT&T store to look at this and the new Blackberry 9900. Neither were in stock. When i asked the rep, he (obviously not very well taught) said that both phones were delayed for several weeks and wouldn't be there until December. The only positive about the store was that the rep didn't try to push me to iPhone.

Went to Best Buy, and they didn't have either phone either.

I did play with a non-working original focus though, and liked the feel of the phone, but I really need to see a working model before making a decision.

gravage

Dec 2, 2010
Visit site
You know....

I don't agree no lag here this thing sails past my a HD7S and its so so thin and light. Samsung really makes some sold feeling hardware I'm just scared I'm going to drop it. With my big clumsy hands and this phone being so thin I'm glad I have the insurance.

If the Samsung Galaxy S2 vs iPhone 4s drop test is any indication, your new Focus S will fare rather well if you drop it.

iPhone 4S vs. Samsung Galaxy S II Drop Test - YouTube

hubgoblin

Oct 30, 2011
Visit site
I picked it up this morning. It's fantastic. I"m sooooo happy I switched to Windows. It's blazing fast on this device, the screen is gorgeous, and the camera takes unreal pics. The phone feels great in the hand, too. I'd prefer it just a *little* heavier but it certainly doesn't feel cheap. This thing is just a pleasure to slip out of my pocket and use. Glance and go my ***, I don't want to put it down!

Timeslicing

Nov 7, 2011
Visit site
I picked it up at a local MS store this afternoon. They were selling it for $499.99 no commitment price. And better yet, they had a 20% discount if you spend $500 in their store. The cashier bumped the price up by a penny for me and i paid 400 + taxes for mine :D

I like this screen much better than my friend's HTC HD7.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss