This phone is legit

baseballbert

Aug 14, 2011
Visit site
Ok, so to the screen issues: turn "extra setting auto display off and BAM!! The screen goes super nova. The tile colors pop even more with the dark background.

It is definitely brighter than the original Focus. Size is pretty damn big compared to 4", wow.

Video quality is great (used Kia soul Choice is Yours commercial streamed on YouTube), although sound quality is about 2.5/5. The speaker isn't that good which is a bummer because I listen to podcasts quite a bit.

Feels great in the hand

Mangos taste better than apples!

baseballbert

Aug 14, 2011
Visit site
Doesn't feel cheap at all. The Flash is pretty legit too. The aluminum body is sleek, and pretty cool.

ATTENTION LUMIA FANS: The Flash 3.7" seems minuscule compared to even just the 4" of the Focus. However, its a pretty sweet little phone, and for 1st time WP users, it is perfect.

Pretty good screen, should do well. An actual home button is really nice to have, it is actually a tempting phone because of that alone.

Just set the screen to its brightest setting, and drew a bunch of weird looks when I said "WHOA!" a little too loudly. The Flash is a strong offering, feels very solid in the hand, I like the weight and definitely recommend it to people who dont need a big screen.

baseballbert

Aug 14, 2011
Visit site
I'm actually selling an iPhone user on the S! He came in looking for it!

He said he hates his iPhone, and Alberto started selling him on it, and he's going to get one! As soon as I sell my 3gs on ebay, I'm on the S!

Last edited:

baseballbert

Aug 14, 2011
Visit site
I took the guy through the people hub, and he went nuts! I told him you don't have to go through tons of apps to do anything. He also liked changing the background and tile color.

I then took him through Office and showed him a power point I had on my phone. He kept saying over and over "this thing is so zippy! I'm definitely buying it."

The att sales hacks gave me dirty looks when I said it was much better than the iPhone.

Hey BALMER, YOURE WELCOME!

Last edited:

mapexvenus

Sep 29, 2011
Visit site
Still not sure. I have been playing with the Focus S for a couple of hours now and while I appreciate the phone, I am still not sure if thus is what I will stick with. I walked into the T-mobile store and flirted with the Radar. I think I might has a crush on the HTC device. If only it weren't on a network that has such poor coverage in Beaverton :[

Sent from my SGH-i937 using Board Express

3migo

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
Still not sure. I have been playing with the Focus S for a couple of hours now and while I appreciate the phone, I am still not sure if thus is what I will stick with. I walked into the T-mobile store and flirted with the Radar. I think I might has a crush on the HTC device. If only it weren't on a network that has such poor coverage in Beaverton :[

Same here. It's a fine device, but I just couldn't get over the hardware... It felt like I was using a feature phone from 2005.

foosball

Dec 22, 2010
Visit site

LOL. I don't know what it is about the Radar but I really like it too.

Now that you have the Focus S could you really go back to a 3.8 inch screen?

mapexvenus

Sep 29, 2011
Visit site
LOL. I don't know what it is about the Radar but I really like it too.

Now that you have the Focus S could you really go back to a 3.8 inch screen?

Aesthetics and visual appeal. The Radar surpasses the Focus S in both aspects. Also, the Radar is quite snappy. I was expecting some lag in UI performance, but the device performed flawlessly during the few minutes that I was messing around with it. I have to research whether T-mobiles coverage has improved in this area and also whether the Titan will end up on AT&T in the next 30 days.

Daniel Rubino

Editor-in-chief
Staff member
Jan 19, 2006
Visit site
Aesthetics and visual appeal. The Radar surpasses the Focus S in both aspects. Also, the Radar is quite snappy. I was expecting some lag in UI performance, but the device performed flawlessly during the few minutes that I was messing around with it. I have to research whether T-mobiles coverage has improved in this area and also whether the Titan will end up on AT&T in the next 30 days.
I'm a huge fan of the Radar. It's fast, well designed, quality and on 4G, shreds.

Only wish my int'l Titan had HSDPA+ on board, evidently I have to wait till the AT&T version. But the Titan and Radar are both solid, quality phones.

The Focus S? So far, it's a bit a of a let down. The auto-screen dimming is really bothering me. It's not a terrible phone, just not as impressive as HTCs. And even I'm surprised at writing that last sentence.

baseballbert

Aug 14, 2011
Visit site
Even with the "extra setting" turned off? That took care of the auto dimming and made a huge difference in both screen brightness and clarity.

Deano019S

Mar 31, 2011
Visit site
Screen Quality

So turning off the extra setting made the phone screen much better? Because I know for a fact, that my sisters Galaxy SII's screen auto-dimming is a pain is the arse!

mapexvenus

Sep 29, 2011
Visit site
I'm a huge fan of the Radar. It's fast, well designed, quality and on 4G, shreds.

Only wish my int'l Titan had HSDPA+ on board, evidently I have to wait till the AT&T version. But the Titan and Radar are both solid, quality phones.

The Focus S? So far, it's a bit a of a let down. The auto-screen dimming is really bothering me. It's not a terrible phone, just not as impressive as HTCs. And even I'm surprised at writing that last sentence.

Completely agree with you. It isn't terrible, but it has not lived up to the hype and expectation. The Radar is looking really good right now, and at $99, may be the device I end up getting.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jallymonz