Radar wireless problems.

mberdych

Dec 25, 2011
Visit site
Interesting, I have the same problem with my Titan. I am using Apple Time Capsule. It seems, that switching wifi to G only (not N) helped, but not solved the problem. I will look into the channels, because I live in apartment house, and there are 20 wifi networks around me at least. I was also thinking to try another router with different chipset.

christopher#WP

Oct 24, 2011
scug.be
I must admit that since I changed the channel of my WiFi access point, I may be have the WiFi problem once a week or before It was several times per day.

Sent from my Radar C110e using Board Express

Oso22

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I am also having problems with the Wi-fi dropping out and disconnecting.

This happens 6 or 7 times a day and happens whether I'm streaming music, on the web or in apps.

Iv'e tried changing wi-fi channels but to no measurable effect.

I have no problem with my HTC wildfire S on Android.

Is this a HTC problem or Windows Phone Problem?

Hope there's an update to whatever it is.

Seems to be conflicting with mobile data, as when mobile data is turned off wi-fi is fine.

Last edited:

bitslave

Dec 30, 2010
Visit site
UPDATE: I've sent the phone for warranty repairs and the issue (of course) isn't happening for them. They said it could be my router. I've got an Intellinet router. So I did some searching and someone had a similar problem with a different HTC phone HTC Droid Incredible keeps disconnecting from Wifi

Funnily enough I have just been borrowing a mates HTC Trophy and it seems to be having a similar issue.

I also noticed the problem has been mainly happening when I'm in my bedroom.

So I went on the admin page of my router and noticed it was on Channel 11. It had a function to find the best channel. It shows that Channel 11 and Channel 3 were being used by routers near me (it also highlighted the SID using the channel). I noticed that the strength of that SID is a little stronger in my bedroom so maybe, just maybe that's whats causing the issue. THe router suggested channel 5 so I've changed the channel of the router to 5 and will now see if the problem resolves.

Any luck?

mhammo

Jan 12, 2012
Visit site
wifi connection problems

Count me in with the same frustrating problem. I have tried hard reset and turning wifi and cellular on off. I often have a full wifi signal but if the cellular signal is missing the wifi won't work.

I like the phone but this is BS. Getting help from HTC or Microsoft is not easy either.

Hoping to find a resolution soon. :mad:

maphisto_2000

Dec 5, 2011
Visit site
I posted a few weeks ago on the Trophy forum because I have exactly the same problem. Very frustrating!

Turning off the phones data connection corrects the problem though. I think its a conflict brought on by the tethering update.

Last edited:

Beezie84

Sep 25, 2011
Visit site
My radar seems to throttle on its own and I kick into airplane mode and back out, then my data speed is back up.. It may just be a radio issue with a lot of the phones,, but I'm confident HTC will fix with an update.. Just takes time and patience.. Amazing phone!!

beachhoppr

Jan 23, 2012
Visit site
My Radar does the same thing. I will be on Wifi in my house and for no reason it just stops. Usually either flipping Wifi off and on again or turning Airplane mode on and off fixes it for a time being. It's a pretty annoying bug.

drg

Jul 13, 2011
Visit site
ok more of an update. Bought a new router and the issue seems to be completely fixed on the Radar. No more disconnects, but I haven't turned tethering on since my last hard reset so I have no idea if it will happen again if i turn tethering on. not gonna try either.

but to complicate things further, the Radar is my wifes phone and I turned on tethering on my Samsung Omnia 7 for the first time a couple weeks ago and since then my wifi and 3g just randomly stop working and i have to constantly turn 3g on and off or re-connect wifi to get it working again. This without a doubt started once I used tethering for the first time cause i noticed it straight away so with all the stuff I've read about this issue, i'm fairly convinced now turning tethering on will screw something up. how do we report this to MS?

Will be definitely doing a hard reset to try and fix cause this is happening hourly!

TIP for those who need to reset there phone and want to do a "back up" of the whole phone first. Do it when an update is released. I just got the 8107 update so what I will do is do a hard reset. Then restore back to 7714 which will have all your data and then re-apply the 8107 update. I can't guarantee going back to previous restore point will bring it to the same state as the hard reset, but i once had an issue with a live tile not working on a weather app and I did this with a previous update and the live tile issue got fixed.

theefman

Nov 14, 2008
Visit site
Disappointed to say I'm having the same problem on my 2 week old Radar. Buggy devices was one reason I stayed away from HTC till I got the Radar, never had this sproblem with my Dell.

RDJEBENIANI

Apr 8, 2012
Visit site
Soft reset

Hi everybody, I am a new member :)

The best thing that worked for me is soft reset (keep the lower cover out for more than the 10 seconds instructed, just forget it a while while doing other stuff).

It is not perfect but it decreased the frequency of cuts from every minute to every day.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shelton786