Earbud controller

jmerrey

Dec 9, 2010
Visit site
Anyone having issues with the play/pause/next track control on the earbuds? I can control the volume, and if I hold the other button down I can do voice control, but I can't change tracks, etc like I could with the original focus.

Sent from my SGH-i937 using Board Express

randywintle

Nov 7, 2011
Visit site
I just tested with my diddy beats and same results, no control. Kind of a bummer as I was hoping me jumping to this from android would fix that issue!

Will try the headphones that came with the phone...

RumpRoast

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
Try to see if the controls works when the screen is off. My Focus started doing this after the Mango update but before I could changed tracks while the screen is active.

jmerrey

Dec 9, 2010
Visit site
I've tried screen on/off, music player on/background, everything. These functions worked fine with my mango focus. I even tried the new headset with my old focus, worked no problem.

Sent from my SGH-i937 using Board Express

jmerrey

Dec 9, 2010
Visit site
Didnt work for me either, I switched to my old Focus remote and that works.

That really surprises me. My problem is device specific. The stock focus s remote, focus remote, and beats remote all work with my focus, but not with my focus s. When I say work, I mean pause/play/change tracks.

edit: after some more messing around, I can get the stock focus s remote to pause and play music with the focus s occasionally, which tells me one of two things: either I have a faulty unit, or the design of the jack itself is screwy. If you look at the jack hole on the focus s, it has a weird elliptical shape, and part of the plug is exposed. Not being an engineer, I have no idea if this would account for the odd behavior, but being a skeptical consumer, I think it might...

Last edited:

StriderNo9

Nov 9, 2011
Visit site
I may have spoke too soon. My Focus remote does work, and better than the Focus S earphones but still not consistant. On a side note, on my way home I plugged my Focus S headphones into my old iPhone and they worked perfectly. I tested it out for an hour or so, pausing and playing back and forth, over and over again. It doesnt change volume but I didn't expect it to.

jmerrey

Dec 9, 2010
Visit site
Well that sucks, I was hoping I had a bad phone, but it appears to be a design issue if you are having the same problem. I really like this phone, but I listen to music all the time, and I really don't want to open the phone and manually change the volume, track, etc. I guess it's Titan time for me, whenever at&t gets around to releasing it...

jmerrey

Dec 9, 2010
Visit site
Me too. I really love the samoled screen, but unless Samsung addresses this (roflmao yeah right they haven't even updated all their 1st gen phones to mango) I'll be returning this for a Titan.

In addition, I have a suspicion that this can't be fixed in a software update. The intermittent behavior, combined with the strange looking jack hole, makes me think it's a design flaw. We'll see...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ailanamargarett