How has there not been a Focus S Camera review?

fc000

Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
Has anyone seen a review comparing the Focus S to the HTC Titan camera? Comparison shots? Anything? This phone's been out for a few days, and I've yet to see anyone run a Camera comparison...

gravage

Dec 2, 2010
Visit site
Has anyone seen a review comparing the Focus S to the HTC Titan camera? Comparison shots? Anything? This phone's been out for a few days, and I've yet to see anyone run a Camera comparison...

I know what you mean. It's like no one cares, including the Tech sites. Given how quiet the launch was, with no advertising or anything, it doesn't appear that even AT&T or Samsung care either.

I have taken my own comparison shots. Maybe I should start my own website. From what I can tell, it's the same lens as the Galaxy SII and GSM Arena gave that camera high praises and you can see how it stacks up in their photo comparison too.

Maybe we'll see a review or two in the coming week.

npyle

Nov 9, 2011
Visit site
gravage I'd be interested in seeing some of your shots...got my Focus S on Sunday and have tried some different pictures--different lighting, different settings etc. and right now, I'm not impressed. Not sure if I'm doing something wrong--first phone with the hold down camera button half way to focus--but the quality of the pics haven't been great. Plus, seems like shutter speed--not sure if that's the right term--is slow, as when I push button to capture the picture I think I am, there's a delay and I end up not getting that picture.

Granted I'm no photo expert, but my other phones so far--iPhone4, Pre2 and Pre3 and some Android devices, have just been point and click and I get a good quality picture.

I'm hoping I'm doing something wrong, so I'm looking for advice. Thanks.

fc000

Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
I'd like to see some shots as well. I'm currently deciding between the Focus S or the HTC Titan, and camera quality is a major factor in my decision.

gravage

Dec 2, 2010
Visit site
gravage I'd be interested in seeing some of your shots...got my Focus S on Sunday and have tried some different pictures--different lighting, different settings etc. and right now, I'm not impressed. Not sure if I'm doing something wrong--first phone with the hold down camera button half way to focus--but the quality of the pics haven't been great. Plus, seems like shutter speed--not sure if that's the right term--is slow, as when I push button to capture the picture I think I am, there's a delay and I end up not getting that picture.

Granted I'm no photo expert, but my other phones so far--iPhone4, Pre2 and Pre3 and some Android devices, have just been point and click and I get a good quality picture.

I'm hoping I'm doing something wrong, so I'm looking for advice. Thanks.

It would be kind of hard to post the images here. If I upload them to a site like Picasa, they'll lose quality. WP7 has this uncanny need to compress images no matter what you do with them. The only way to see them in the raw is to connect to Zune and drag them to desktop.

You do need to hold down half way to let it focus and then push the rest of the way to snap the shot. I seem to get good quality photos in good and low light, so maybe that's your issue. Make sure your lense isn't smudged too.

gunarpants

Jun 23, 2011
Visit site
I would definitely appreciate you saving a few examples from Zune (so there's no compression) and uploading them somewhere that won't resize them, like Dropbox.

I have a Focus now, and am looking at the Focus S, if it has the same camera as the Galaxy S II then it should take fantastic pictures.

peestandingup

Aug 24, 2011
Visit site
It would be kind of hard to post the images here. If I upload them to a site like Picasa, they'll lose quality. WP7 has this uncanny need to compress images no matter what you do with them. The only way to see them in the raw is to connect to Zune and drag them to desktop.

You do need to hold down half way to let it focus and then push the rest of the way to snap the shot. I seem to get good quality photos in good and low light, so maybe that's your issue. Make sure your lense isn't smudged too.

Use Imgur Uploader from the Market. It's simple, retains the original quality & gives you a nice small URL you copy/paste here.

gravage

Dec 2, 2010
Visit site
Use Imgur Uploader from the Market. It's simple, retains the original quality & gives you a nice small URL you copy/paste here.

Thanks, dude. I'll try that, but my experience has been that no matter how I try to get the pictures off the phone, it compresses them. They still look good, they're just smaller JPEG files.

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chuffster