UPS Just delivered the S!

jmerrey

Dec 9, 2010
Visit site
Reinstall manually. Unfortunately, there is no way to make your new phone like your old phone automatically that I'm aware of. It's one thing I really miss about the iPhone. I had an iPhone 3g, and when I upgraded to the iPhone 4 everything got moved over, including text messages, call logs, etc. In addition, any game progress will be lost too, another extremely confusing item, considering it seems to me that having an xbox gaming hub implies certain benefits...

gravage

Dec 2, 2010
Visit site
Reinstall manually. Unfortunately, there is no way to make your new phone like your old phone automatically that I'm aware of. It's one thing I really miss about the iPhone. I had an iPhone 3g, and when I upgraded to the iPhone 4 everything got moved over, including text messages, call logs, etc. In addition, any game progress will be lost too, another extremely confusing item, considering it seems to me that having an xbox gaming hub implies certain benefits...

He can restore a backup from his Zune client, as long as it's the same one that he sync'd his original Focus to, but that's the only way. This is the next thing that Microsoft needs to work on. It's time for wireless updates and syncing.

jmerrey

Dec 9, 2010
Visit site
that is good info, i wasn't aware you could sync a backup to a different device (different meaning hardware wise, like a focus backup to a titan, etc)

jmerrey

Dec 9, 2010
Visit site
So, how do I create a backup? I have a focus s, and I'm probably going to exchange it for a titan this sunday, but I have all my apps and such set up perfect right now.

I remember creating a backup on my old focus when I upgraded to mango, but I certainly don't want to restore from that backup. It's quite an old backup, and most of my config has changed since then, plus I've added many apps. It's not even a mango backup, it's nodo, correct? Would that even work? I'm looking all through my zune client, I don't see how to create a backup.

jimski

Dec 11, 2010
Visit site
Do what you will do, but I would never backup from one device to another, even if it was easy. Always the possibility of small things missing or added inadvertently, potentially causing instability down the road. Start from scratch and get you know your new device.

Dang, I even hard reset before installing Mango. Install went perfect and the phone runs smooth as silk. Oh, and the reload included 170 apps, so no easy task, but worth it.

Sent from my HTC Surround using Board Express

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kuyhaa