Going to get the S

leakAddict

Nov 7, 2011
Visit site
I just got done talking with my local AT&T store and they said that they would not only accept the online offer of any WP7 device for $0.01, but they would accept that offer from now until the 26th. Just a matter of actually getting it now. At a penny, I find it hard to pass up ;)

jeremyshaw

Oct 21, 2011
Visit site
They would rather lose out on the 200usd price, because they probably get more than 200usd from ATT HQ per phone sold w/ contract :) I know some ATT resellers (well, actually just two that I used to go to before ATT locked down on phone selection, lol) who would offer 200usd checks after 6months, for a 2year contract renewal and "Customer Provided Equipment."

baseballbert

Aug 14, 2011
Visit site
Sending mine back. Horrible audio issues, and camera button is way too sensitive. Too bad sub par hardware at this point because the is is awesome and deserves better.

Mangos taste better than apples!

jeremyshaw

Oct 21, 2011
Visit site
Sending mine back. Horrible audio issues, and camera button is way too sensitive. Too bad sub par hardware at this point because the is is awesome and deserves better.

Mangos taste better than apples!

At this point, I've yet to find a problem with the camera button. It's a bit insensitive, to be honest. Better than the Focus (which was near impossible to press), but still not as good as a Nokia N8 I got to play with for a while in Germany.

If you are trying to get away from audio issues, read up XDA on the Titan, lol. Unless if you want the teeny devices of Mango, it seems the firmware is going to be problematic for a lither while longer :(

leakAddict

Nov 7, 2011
Visit site
This will be my first WP7 device and I've played around with it at the store for a while so I'm sure it won't be as bad (for me) as for you baseballbert

timGSU

Oct 6, 2006
Visit site
Ya know whats funny.....if you watch the video about the Galaxy Nexus, it's got the same really thin and flimsy battery back that the Focus S has......even down to the way it goes on and comes off the device.......guess the Focus S borrows from the Galaxy S II line but also from the Galaxy Nexus!

drbilal

Nov 9, 2011
Visit site
Congrats it's a brilliant phone. No camera button issues or any other complaints here, love it!

Sent from my Samsung Focus S using Board Express

Duvi

Jan 1, 2011
Visit site
Ya know whats funny.....if you watch the video about the Galaxy Nexus, it's got the same really thin and flimsy battery back that the Focus S has......even down to the way it goes on and comes off the device.......guess the Focus S borrows from the Galaxy S II line but also from the Galaxy Nexus!
It's from the Galaxy S II series, but they didn't put the Galaxy moniker on it as it's known to be for Android.

timGSU

Oct 6, 2006
Visit site
It's from the Galaxy S II series, but they didn't put the Galaxy moniker on it as it's known to be for Android.

Right, I know that (had a GSII ATT)......just specifically pointing out that the Galaxy Nexus battery cover is even closer in build to the Focus S it appears from video reviews.....

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
COME ON WIN ANDROID (ADI)