Will HTC Radar work on AT&T?

5tephen

Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Getting att to unlock a phone is a nightmare. So if you get it unlocked, you more than likely will only have 2G being as the 3G and 4G frequencies are different between them

Sent from my HD7 using Board Express

jeremyshaw

Oct 21, 2011
Visit site
Getting att to unlock a phone is a nightmare. So if you get it unlocked, you more than likely will only have 2G being as the 3G and 4G frequencies are different between them

Sent from my HD7 using Board Express

Well, to be fair, he only has T-Mobile to contend with :)

palandri

Retired Moderator
Jul 25, 2009
Visit site
sounds like to much trouble. Might go for the titan.

I buy unlock/unbranded GSM phones all the time. They are normally imported from Europe. As long as the phone has a UMTS/WCDMA band of either 850/1900, you'll get 3G on AT&T. Amazon and eBay is a good place to look.

My GSM Nokia N8 has pentaband, so it works on T-Mobile or AT&T here.

TaliZorah

Sep 27, 2011
Visit site
I'm going with the Radar simply because it has better battery life and I like to text with one hand. The Titan is too big and there is no reason for a 1.5Ghz WP7 phone right now. Plus... I hate AT&T.

Rocket_Girl

Sep 6, 2011
Visit site
I buy unlock/unbranded GSM phones all the time. They are normally imported from Europe. As long as the phone has a UMTS/WCDMA band of either 850/1900, you'll get 3G on AT&T. Amazon and eBay is a good place to look.

My GSM Nokia N8 has pentaband, so it works on T-Mobile or AT&T here.

So.. a question for you: if I buy an unbranded/unlocked Titan (amazon: GSM 850/900/1800/1900; HSPA/WCDMA: 850/900/2100), it should work on either T-Mobile or at&t, no-contract plans, right?

Got Titan for a penny on black-weekend deal, love the phone but can't get reliable at&t data connection at my *house*. Left Verizon/Trophy (recognize you from over in that other forum...) due to global issues, want to be on GSM like the rest of the world. Just not thrilled with idea of locking in for 2 yrs w/ carrier that can't work in my house. Of course, my boyfriend's iPhone on at&t is perfectly fine at my house - even when I have no cellular signal whatsoever.

My thinking is this: use on T-Mobile no-contract unlimited plan (sweet deal vs. att& verizon); use local sim or TRUSim for international travel; use ATT sim if they get their act together down the line... Am I missing something important in this line of thinking?

Xtian.Castro

Nov 22, 2011
Visit site
Based on the bands you listed, that titan would only run edge data on t-mobile. My recommendation would be to pick up a t-mobile branded Radar, because you'd be able to use tmobile's 3G/4G service and it also supports at&t's 3G if you ever wanted to switch down the line

jrdatrackstar1223

Aug 15, 2011
Visit site
Based on the bands you listed, that titan would only run edge data on t-mobile. My recommendation would be to pick up a t-mobile branded Radar, because you'd be able to use tmobile's 3G/4G service and it also supports at&t's 3G if you ever wanted to switch down the line

I was thinking about doing this for my Radar, but only for times when I don't get signal (I'm using T-Mobile No Contract $70/month). So I could purchase a cheap AT&T SIM for prepaid, get the unlock code from T-Mobile for my Radar, and use it on AT&T? Or I can just use it right now without having to unlock?

Rocket_Girl

Sep 6, 2011
Visit site

What about this one - advertised as 4G on Expansys; costs is $20 more than the other one. Difference is HSPA+ 850/*1900*/2100 versus the other HSPA 850/900/2100

Network: HSPA+/WCDMA: 850/1900/2100 MHz / Quad-band GSM/GPRS/EDGE: 850/900/1800/1900 MHz

This one would be better on TMo or ATT if I understand the difference correctly... am I right?

I also REALLY would prefer to avoid yet another 2-year contract, particularly as service capability evolves far more quickly. Radar is too similar to Trophy (which I had on Verizon). Functional, but not exciting...

Last edited:

Xtian.Castro

Nov 22, 2011
Visit site
850/1900 are AT&T 3G frequencies. Needs to list 1700 to surf on that sweet T-Mobile 3G wave.

In regards to Trophy vs Radar, Radar has a front facing camera and a newer generation 1GHZ processor with better GPU that a lot of reviewers have praised over older Gen models.

The Titan is well... A Titan, big massive screen and a faster processor, from what I've read the performance difference it negligible. Only reason I see to buy it is the screen.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lolz1234