Oh no, the Trophy is getting cheap again.

johaas

Sep 13, 2011
Visit site
So, every now and then I check to see how much the Trophy costs on Verizon's website if I upgrade my Android, and now it's down to $30 (was $100 last time I checked). There's a random promotion going on right now ($120 discount), not exactly sure of the details on that.

Waiting until CES 2012 is getting harder by the second - I'm going to need your prayers, fellow WPCers. Verizon, raise the price back up for the sake of my willpower, please :)

aokusman1

Oct 29, 2011
Visit site
I would not waste an upgrade on the HTC trophy. There are newer and better phones coming to verizon soon. I was in the position as you, so I went ahead and bought a used one off ebay. Worth every penny. I was surprised how good the OS is and also how zune software is so much better than itunes.

johaas

Sep 13, 2011
Visit site
I would not waste an upgrade on the HTC trophy. There are newer and better phones coming to verizon soon. I was in the position as you, so I went ahead and bought a used one off ebay. Worth every penny. I was surprised how good the OS is and also how zune software is so much better than itunes.
Zune is incredible. I have a Mac and the other day I booted my computer into Windows just to try out the Zune software (darn you Microsoft for not making a Mac compatible Zune client!) and the interface is awesome! I didn't have any of my music available to listen to, but it was fun just messing around with it. Recently I gave iTunes the boot in favor of DoubleTwist because it syncs with my Fascinate...not to mention iTunes is the devil...but it's a far cry from the experience that Zune gives you.

Bballbenb

Aug 17, 2011
Visit site
The Trophy is a GREAT phone. Does everything the new HTC Titan does except a front facing camera. I think the graphics are great and its a bright, visable phone. Def look into buying one off ebay. Worth every bit of $250. Keep it for a year then sell it back on ebay for like 50 and get you a new gen phone ...a WP of course :)

johaas

Sep 13, 2011
Visit site
The Trophy is a GREAT phone. Does everything the new HTC Titan does except a front facing camera. I think the graphics are great and its a bright, visable phone. Def look into buying one off ebay. Worth every bit of $250. Keep it for a year then sell it back on ebay for like 50 and get you a new gen phone ...a WP of course :)

I'm always scared of getting a phone with a bad esn on eBay...that would be my luck :)

Windows Phone better make a HUGE splash on Verizon next year - I don't want to wait for an upcoming phone that's going to have negligible upgrades from the Trophy (FFC? I couldn't care less). MS is giving $25 prepaid app cards to people who purchase a new WP before the end of the year - that is also making this decision extremely hard!

o4liberty

Oct 28, 2011
Visit site
I just picked up a trophy for $30.00 and couldn't be happier. Its a great device with no issues I am coming form android and couldn't believe how much nicer Windows is.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rorymi6