Titan's body: Aluminum or Plastic?

TheWeeBear

Jan 9, 2011
Visit site
I know palandri, i can understand if you would like to improve the looks of it in a good way, but that? LOL

It certainly proves it's not plastic, if nothing else. :)

gpsi

Nov 26, 2011
Visit site
On second thought after seeing that other gentleman execute the idea on his phone...I don't think I'll be doing the same. We'll see!

GekkoAce

Aug 14, 2011
Visit site
Someone with the guts to prove its aluminum should scrape the inside of their cover and take a picture of the metal flakes... I won't.. But someone should.. Lol

Sent from my TITAN using Board Express

power5

Oct 10, 2011
Visit site
I like the concept, not the finish. I would rather see smooth polish than brushed aluminum. The brushed look is definitely like the original iphone.

cormasco

Aug 7, 2011
Visit site
It's funny the amount of conflicting info in this thread. My HTC arrive has a metal back and it feels nothing like the Titan. That being said, I scraped the inside with a knife and took pics. I'm still not sure what to make of it. It not like any plastic I've seen but it doesn't seem like aluminum either. I took the pics with my Titan btw.

alifarhatt

Oct 19, 2011
Visit site
Titan Back Cover Aluminium

It is definitely Aluminium Anodised. I work with Aluminium with varying finishes on them. Typically the anodisation process adds to the thickness of the component. Depending on the thickness of the electroplating, you would have to remove a fair amount of material to get to the raw aluminium. See the image below (taken with my Titan) where you can see the aluminium where HTC have machined the inside of the camera opening and some different finishes (glossy and matte).

Imageshack - wp000204.jpg

TheWeeBear

Jan 9, 2011
Visit site
Screen-Shot-2011-09-01-at-15.33.16-e1314887651401.png

The European Titan is black adamopinheiro. :)
(I prefer black too)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss