Titan Sound Hiss?

rybob1

Jul 6, 2011
Visit site
Music with my Titan and bose on ear noise canceling headphones is causing a lot of hissing - like an old cassette tape background noise. I don't seem to really notice it using cheap headphones however. Anyone else notice this using any type of headphones?

As it is switching between tracks, the hissing goes away - so I believe this may be software related somehow.

chsoriano

Nov 8, 2010
Visit site
I have this hissing sound when in a phone call, very slight. Do you notice this only when using headphones or is it also when talking on the phone (not using a headset)?

rybob1

Jul 6, 2011
Visit site
I have this hissing sound when in a phone call, very slight. Do you notice this only when using headphones or is it also when talking on the phone (not using a headset)?

I've so far only noticed it while listening to music, but I haven't really listened while talking. I'll pay more attention and let you know.

jeremyshaw

Oct 21, 2011
Visit site
Talking is likely not over 64kbps phone quality (iirc), so don't expect a miracle of sound quality there. :p

As for the hissing, it's likely just the DAC/AMP, and a bit of software+internal EQ settings, the usual culprits for hissing audio (last one is EMI, but that usually has a distictive noise, rather than a hiss).

chsoriano

Nov 8, 2010
Visit site
Talking is likely not over 64kbps phone quality (iirc), so don't expect a miracle of sound quality there. :p

As for the hissing, it's likely just the DAC/AMP, and a bit of software+internal EQ settings, the usual culprits for hissing audio (last one is EMI, but that usually has a distictive noise, rather than a hiss).
Yeah, but I didn't have that hiss when talking trough the handset on my Samsung Focus.

I've been listening to music all morning and I haven't noticed a hide with audio through my headphones. I'm using Ultimate Ears TripleFi 10 headphones.

jeremyshaw

Oct 21, 2011
Visit site
Yeah, but I didn't have that hiss when talking trough the handset on my Samsung Focus.

I've been listening to music all morning and I haven't noticed a hide with audio through my headphones. I'm using Ultimate Ears TripleFi 10 headphones.
EDIT: I'm typing about music listening, I haven't used my Focus S much for phone calls, yet! Will tyr later and post back.

Ah, I see. I'm using ATH-M50s (relatively low impedance cans) on my Focus and Focus S, and I concur on the newer handset (even though it's not the Titan!) having a "hissing" noise that wasn't present on the older handset. The volume floor of the Focus is higher than that of the Focus S, too (so it should be even more likely to have a hissing noise during quiet momets of a song.... but it doesn't).

I dunno what's up with this. Luckily, I normally don't notice it, since I set the volume low (around 5/30) for most of the songs I have (all lossless collection-->320k sync to phone).

s0uldrift3r

Nov 26, 2011
Visit site
EDIT: I'm typing about music listening, I haven't used my Focus S much for phone calls, yet! Will tyr later and post back.

Ah, I see. I'm using ATH-M50s (relatively low impedance cans) on my Focus and Focus S, and I concur on the newer handset (even though it's not the Titan!) having a "hissing" noise that wasn't present on the older handset. The volume floor of the Focus is higher than that of the Focus S, too (so it should be even more likely to have a hissing noise during quiet momets of a song.... but it doesn't).

I dunno what's up with this. Luckily, I normally don't notice it, since I set the volume low (around 5/30) for most of the songs I have (all lossless collection-->320k sync to phone).
I notice a hiss when typing... this odd little noise after i type, dont hear it with music or phone calls tho

Narr

Jul 2, 2011
Visit site
I've only noticed hissing when I switch on the sound enhancer and then click the search button on the phone; if I turn the sound enhancer off I don't get any hiss.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
graceevans