Why did YOU buy your Radar?

TaliZorah

Sep 27, 2011
Visit site
It came down to the Radar & the Titan for me when I decided to leave Sprint (Arrive). My top reasons for getting a Radar over the Titan.

- Best battery life of any WP7 device.
- Radar takes better pictures in low light / indoors.
- Free internet sharing w/ T-Mobile
- Visual Voicemail for free
- 1Ghz is plenty fast for WP7 right now.
- 8GB storage is fine for me as I don't load my phone with music. (I have 4.5GB free right now)
- It's NOT AT&T.
- I guarantee you that my plan is cheaper on T-Mobile then it would be on AT&T with the same features.

You?

Last edited:

TaliZorah

Sep 27, 2011
Visit site
LOL! You really don't like AT&T. :D My wife still has T-Mobile. :cool:

lol. No, I really don't. It's a long sob story about how I almost got screwed out of $400 from them. I know that's just a personal experience but honestly, T-Mobile does have cheaper plans.

Oh and yeah... can somebody with AT&T verify if internet sharing and visual voicemail are free with AT&T? Just curious.

Xtian.Castro

Nov 22, 2011
Visit site
Oh and yeah... can somebody with AT&T verify if internet sharing and visual voicemail are free with AT&T? Just curious.

I can't speak for the Visual Voicemail, but I know for sure At&t charges for internet sharing, they'll block it on the network end. Technically T-Mobile charges for it too but they don't seem to enforce it at all, I'm on Monthly 4G (prepaid) and they even let me do sharing for free.

Xtian.Castro

Nov 22, 2011
Visit site
Also I think you pretty much covered the key points, for me I knew I was gonna want a Windows Phone on T-Mobile. That left me with the HD7 or the Radar. I've never been a fan of huge phones and I liked the fact that it had the front facing camera.

palandri

Retired Moderator
Jul 25, 2009
Visit site
...Oh and yeah... can somebody with AT&T verify if internet sharing and visual voicemail are free with AT&T? Just curious.

Tethering will cost you on AT&T. I saw a thread here where someone tethered their phone and AT&T automatically changed his data plan to a tethering data plan, which I think is $45 a month.

Only the iPhone has visual voicemail right now on AT&T. They are suppose to be working on it for other phone. I do have email alert for voicemail on my AT&T account for like $3.00 a month. I have it so when my wife and I are in France using a local SIM card, I get an email notification of a voicemail on my AT&T line.

5tephen

Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
I do have email alert for voicemail on my AT&T account for like $3.00 a month. I have it so when my wife and I are in France using a local SIM card, I get an email notification of a voicemail on my AT&T line.

OOoohh France. Aren't you fancy? lol :cool:

drg

Jul 13, 2011
Visit site
Bought the Radar for my wife thinking it was a low end phone and also she won't need more the 8gb storage as she's not big on music and videos. I was wrong. Got the phone and it is awesome. The SLCD screen is awesome and is much better than SAMOLED in my opinion. The camera takes awesome photos as well. It might be 1Ghz but so is my Samsung Omnia 7 but the Radar obviously has a second gen CPU and it's GPU (whatever that is) is better so its much smoother and faster than my Omnia 7. The 3.8" screen is a good size as well and the phone is just slick. So for those who don't want big chunky phones then this is the one.

sayonical

Feb 2, 2011
Visit site
I love my radar too but the titan is also faster and well like a mini tablet good for reading websites without squinting

Sent from my HTC Titan using Board Express

sayonical

Feb 2, 2011
Visit site
Tmobile plan is way cheaper too. I got unlimited everything for $60 a month compared to ATT $85 a month. Tmobile Also has visual voicemail an tethering without extra fees....

TaliZorah

Sep 27, 2011
Visit site
I love my radar too but the titan is also faster and well like a mini tablet good for reading websites without squinting

True. I think of the Titan was on T-Mobile I would have got that and sacrificed the better battery life. However I had a hard time texting one-handed with my HD7 so that wouldn't be any better with the titan. I guess I just don't see a NEED for a 1.5Ghz processor right now. Plus like I said the internet sharing and visual voicemail with t-mobile on a cheaper plan is just too good to pass up for a cheap-o like me ;)

webosisalive!

Nov 10, 2011
Visit site
lol. No, I really don't. It's a long sob story about how I almost got screwed out of $400 from them. I know that's just a personal experience but honestly, T-Mobile does have cheaper plans.

**** NO IT'S NOT!!! we dont even have visual voice mail on att and internet sharing is 20 extra a month! its free on tmobile??

TaliZorah

Sep 27, 2011
Visit site
**** NO IT'S NOT!!! we dont even have visual voice mail on att and internet sharing is 20 extra a month! its free on tmobile??

Yes, Visual Voicemail and Internet Sharing are free on T-Mobile. Both work great on the radar!

As somebody said though internet sharing is not supposed to be free but T-Mobile does not check your device when you use it. I remember with my old MyTouch4G I had free mobile hotspot too. Basically it's not supposed to be free but it is and it works great!!!

RGinKC

Dec 1, 2011
Visit site
Long time Android user. Broke my myTouch 4G out of contract and wasnt interested in extending contract with T-Mobile. Would have gotten the HD7 but they were out of stock. The Radar was the same price, so I thought why not. Figured I'd try it out and then exchange it for a Galaxy S2 that I really wanted. Use the Radar for a while, loved it, but my brain kept telling me go back to Android. So I exhanged the Radar for a S2, and 3 days later, I WENT BACK TO THE RADAR. I am now an offical WP convert. I tried to convince myself I wouldn't like WP, but it is a great combo and the Radar is a really sick looking phone to boot. The battery life blows EVERY Android I've ever use out of the water. Love the camera that HTC uses (and the external button). The whole package feels very well put together and seamless/smooth as opposed to Android. Even my dual core 1.5gHz S2 wasn't this smooth.

sleeperBot777

Dec 1, 2011
Visit site
I had an HD7 and returned it.

Besides having a huge screen, it was just a poorly executed piece of hardware. I needed two hands to press the power button down. The top bevel used to cut into my ear during calls. It took perennially pink pictures. I put up with all of that until I took video of my son's b-day. He was so excited to see his party decorations but you wouldn't know it because it didn't pick up his voice! I was so mad I could have hurled the thing out the nearest window.

I was for sure taking the phone back but what else would I get? There were no other Windows Phones for t-mo then. My wife had an android that I played with. But I couldn't do it. The interface was so, so ugly. So I did some research and found that htc had two mango phones coming. Surely t-mo would pick up one of them. I hoped for the Titan, but was glad to the the Radar coming. I took back that HD7 and forced myself to bide the interval with a candy bar type Nokia like what my first phone was ten years ago! After that, the Radar was pure joy.

Thought I must say, it's hard to step down to a smaller screen.;)

RiesenWachter

Dec 29, 2011
Visit site
My T-Mobile contract was about to expire, and I HATED my Samsung Behold II (talk about a piece of crap!). Went into T-Mobile store on Christmas Eve, and looked at the latest Galaxy, but didn't want to pay the "discounted" upgrade price of $250. I was tempted to just return to an ordinary cellphone, as I had just purchased a Nook Tablet a couple of days earlier and figured I could use its WI-FI when I needed web access (wireless at home and office and lots of other places I frequent). I didn't want to spend much, so I asked the salesman about the Radar. He said it was a great phone, and that because it was a Windows 7 phone, it was a great phone. (He mentioned Windows Mobile phones had a negative rep). He demo-ed the phone, and I was sold. Only cost me $150.00, plus I get a $50.00 mail-in rebate along with a $25.00 prepaid card for apps. After five days' usage, I am completely convinced that I made the right decision. The only thing missing from my phone at this point is a Nook app. Hopefully, once Microsoft and Barnes & Noble finish slugging it out over patent royalties, the Nook app will become available. This is one heckuva phone!

Luisraul924

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
yeah I got the Radar solely for this reason: it's white :D lol and yeah I didn't feel like leaving T-Mobile. Oh as for the internet sharing.... It's only semi free... I started getting a "upgrade your account to turn your smartphone into a mobile hotspot!" screen from T-Mobile on nearly every website I attempt to visit. The only sites that work are Facebook, Twitter and T-Mobile's website. Every other website literally just falls to chance on whether it loads the desired webpage or the T-Mobile hopspot upsell page.

masherro

Jan 1, 2012
Visit site
It came down to the Radar & the Titan for me when I decided to leave Sprint (Arrive). My top reasons for getting a Radar over the Titan.

- Best battery life of any WP7 device.
- Radar takes better pictures in low light / indoors.
- Free internet sharing w/ T-Mobile
- Visual Voicemail for free
- 1Ghz is plenty fast for WP7 right now.
- 8GB storage is fine for me as I don't load my phone with music. (I have 4.5GB free right now)
- It's NOT AT&T.
- I guarantee you that my plan is cheaper on T-Mobile then it would be on AT&T with the same features.

You?

I sell phones for a living. I have had the opportunity to play with every device on the market. I chose to move to the Radar 4G from the Sensation 4G for the following reasons:

1. Smoother OS (People say I'm crazy, but my Sensation(s) were very buggy. I studied a friend's Radar in depth and found I like the OS Better)

2. I'm close to deaf and the Radar has ridiculously good volume. I had a Launch Version of the Arrive previously and the volume here is waaaaaaaay better.

3. Despite being only 3.8 inches, the screen feels "just right" in my hand.

speedtouch

Jan 23, 2012
Visit site
Tmobile plan is way cheaper too. I got unlimited everything for $60 a month compared to ATT $85 a month. Tmobile Also has visual voicemail an tethering without extra fees....

How did you get unlimited everything for $60 per month?

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
powerupgo