Email freezing up?

bwigginit

Nov 13, 2010
Visit site
Anyone else having issues with their email app freezing/hanging up? I have my email account set to gmail, and I notice that once or twice a day my email app will freeze up when I try to use it. It will hang for about 20 seconds or so, and sometimes I have to close the app and try to reopen later. I have also tried deleting the email account and adding it again. I only have a handful or apps running in the background (weather.com, wpcentral, and a couple others) and I have also tried disabling these apps to see if it fixed it but it did not. This never happened on my Focus with Mango, just curious if anyone else was having this issue on their Titan or with any windows phone for that matter.

rx74ray

Nov 7, 2011
Visit site
Anyone else having issues with their email app freezing/hanging up? I have my email account set to gmail, and I notice that once or twice a day my email app will freeze up when I try to use it. It will hang for about 20 seconds or so, and sometimes I have to close the app and try to reopen later. I have also tried deleting the email account and adding it again. I only have a handful or apps running in the background (weather.com, wpcentral, and a couple others) and I have also tried disabling these apps to see if it fixed it but it did not. This never happened on my Focus with Mango, just curious if anyone else was having this issue on their Titan or with any windows phone for that matter.

My GF was having some issues with gmail sync too. I suggest to remove the account from your device and set it as Exchange account.
What Are the Gmail Exchange ActiveSync Settings? - About Email

this can help, and worth a try...

jgosline

Dec 3, 2010
Visit site
I see it with txt messages, where I type and nothing shows up for 2-3 seconds. This is my 3rd Mango device, no issues before. I have also seen it with email, but not as often.

Sent from my PI39100 using Board Express

bwigginit

Nov 13, 2010
Visit site
After using Gmail exchange for a couple of days, my email has only froze up once. But it does seem to be a lot better than before.

jeff4L

Mar 29, 2011
Visit site

I kind of had the same problem but my emails was stuck on syncing. I found out that, if you have a lot of emails in your account and set "Download email from" to "anytime", it will attempt to sync EVERY email... so I kept it at "the last 7 days." Hopefully that was useful.

I see it with txt messages, where I type and nothing shows up for 2-3 seconds. This is my 3rd Mango device, no issues before. I have also seen it with email, but not as often.

Sent from my PI39100 using Board Express

I hated that! I'm typing then I look onto the screen and see that it freezes... After 3 seconds or so it shoves everything I type and most of the time it gets jumbled up. But after Mango, it stopped.

kevm14

Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
I hate to divert anything here but is there anyway to change the default display folder to, say, unread messages? I am using a linked inbox though I don't know if that matters...

jeff4L

Mar 29, 2011
Visit site
I hate to divert anything here but is there anyway to change the default display folder to, say, unread messages? I am using a linked inbox though I don't know if that matters...

You mean, have a tab for unread messages OR have the unread tab to open first when you open the email app pin?

bwigginit

Nov 13, 2010
Visit site
I kind of had the same problem but my emails was stuck on syncing. I found out that, if you have a lot of emails in your account and set "Download email from" to "anytime", it will attempt to sync EVERY email... so I kept it at "the last 7 days." Hopefully that was useful.

I hated that! I'm typing then I look onto the screen and see that it freezes... After 3 seconds or so it shoves everything I type and most of the time it gets jumbled up. But after Mango, it stopped.
Mine is also set to "anytime." Will try to set it to "last 7 days". Kind of sucks that you would have to do that though. You think it's a windows bug or gmail bug?

kevm14

Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
You mean, have a tab for unread messages OR have the unread tab to open first when you open the email app pin?

I meant have the unread tab load by default. The reason I ask is because of a difference in the way this OS displays unread messages as well as how the notification number works, compared to WM6.5. Opening to unread would make life easier, though swiping to the left is hardly a big effort.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb