Trohpy keeps restarting... very very annoying.

sko

Jan 27, 2011
Visit site
So, back in Jan or Feb or whenever these phones came out I bought one for verizon and have been very happy with it thus far.

I've been using a seido extended battery with no problems, also upgraded to a 32gb sd card, and everything has been working beautifully for 3/4 of a year.

Now the phone is randomly restarting doing stupid tasks like changing my alarms, surfing IE, and such.

Sometimes it just restarts, other times it will tell me my SD is bad or not present or whatever, I just restart it again and it works.

It's annoying to have to break the thing apart and change the SD card for it not to fix it, especially the data change, etc.

Anyone else having a similar problem?

Thanks,

Nick

benzie

Jul 25, 2011
Visit site
Hi Nick, my Trophy randomly powered down for a while. The culprit was the sim card not being inserted the whole way. It was off by a hair. Never had a problem with restarts.

thed

Jan 6, 2011
Visit site
You're probably gonna have to suck it up and replace the card.

But I've also read that 3rd party batteries can cause some weird issues, especially after several months of use. I would try switching back to the stock battery and see if that helps. If not, then it's most likely the SD card.

Last edited:

sko

Jan 27, 2011
Visit site
So, yeah the SDcard thing makes sense... but seriously, the phone will be sitting there not doing anything, then just power down and back up.

The SD card is in there, you have to take it apart, remove some foil etc. and replace it.

So for today it went 70% of the day without any problems, then it restarted while texting. Then it was fine until it was just sitting there. The problem with the sim card is there is still play even after it's in there, you can move it down a hair or up a hair between the clip and the edge of the bottom battery. So I can see that being an issue. I have the old card, I just dun wanna take the phone apart again... -_-

Thanks for replys.

Nick

thed

Jan 6, 2011
Visit site
So, yeah the SDcard thing makes sense... but seriously, the phone will be sitting there not doing anything, then just power down and back up.

The SD card is in there, you have to take it apart, remove some foil etc. and replace it.

So for today it went 70% of the day without any problems, then it restarted while texting. Then it was fine until it was just sitting there. The problem with the sim card is there is still play even after it's in there, you can move it down a hair or up a hair between the clip and the edge of the bottom battery. So I can see that being an issue. I have the old card, I just dun wanna take the phone apart again... -_-

Thanks for replys.

Nick
I didn't realize the sim card could be an issue too. Maybe try setting your cell data to CDMA only?

sko

Jan 27, 2011
Visit site
Cell data is cdma only, sim card seems fine... it works like... fine for a while, then will shut-off repetedly so I'm unable to do anything for a while, then when it logs back in conversations I had in the last minute before it shut off are gone in txt history, music history and browsing history are reset etc...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
quicktravo