Titan Bugs Report Thread [Updated 12/16/11]

Dave Blake

Mod and Ambassador Team Emeritus
Jan 11, 2008
Visit site
I want to start this so we have one place to discuss issues with the Titan. I will keep this post up to date with all the known bugs. I want only Titan related bugs in this thread. OS Bugs will not be included in this list so please keep that in mind when you are reporting a bug things like the disappearing keyboard and music distortion when opening Bing Search while listening to Zune music are OS/Mango bugs and will not make this list. I will try to link all the relevant information I can to each bug if you find something please post it in this thread and I will update when I have time.

Titan Bugs List

* SRS causes video and game stuttering
http://forums.windowscentral.com/titan/183772.htm
Blog post: http://www.windowscentral.com/htc-titans-graphics-stutter-tied-srs-enhancement
* AT&T limiting network speed on their Titan
http://forums.windowscentral.com/titan/184114.htm
Blog post: http://www.windowscentral.com/att-dialing-back-4g-speeds-windows-phones
* Windows Flag shading and light leak
http://forums.windowscentral.com/1597206-post3.htm
* Call Voice quality issues
http://forums.windowscentral.com/titan/184445.htm
* WIFI signal issues
http://forums.windowscentral.com/titan/184446.htm

Please post any issues you are having so we can discuss each item and decide if it is a Titan bugs or if they are carrier issues or WP7 issues. I will add all Titan bugs to this list.

Dave Blake

Jan 11, 2008
Visit site
Take a look at my Windows Flag does anyone else have a odd bright spot on there windows flag?

IMAG0002-1.jpg

rx74ray

Nov 7, 2011
Visit site
Well, I have a list...

* Speaker Volume is too loud: Most of the time when playing a game I turn down the sound with the volume rocker. But when I set it as 1/30 the volume is still too loud for that level.

* Read aloud incoming text messages does not work for BT: At least it does not work on my GF's car stereo. The unit is paired and all calls go through BT just fine, but it does not read texts as they arrive. The setting is set to "BT and headsets"

* Auto brightness is too bright: it seems screen does not even adjust brightness. I can hold phone under light or cover the light sensor, there is no response with screen brightness. At night when in bed, the screen is too bright, like the sensor cant tell.

* Muffled voice calls: My GF and I both have Titans. Calling one another, the voice is badly muffled. Seems like its the device's Mic.

Dave Blake

Jan 11, 2008
Visit site
Well, I have a list...

* Speaker Volume is too loud: Most of the time when playing a game I turn down the sound with the volume rocker. But when I set it as 1/30 the volume is still too loud for that level.

* Read aloud incoming text messages does not work for BT: At least it does not work on my GF's car stereo. The unit is paired and all calls go through BT just fine, but it does not read texts as they arrive. The setting is set to "BT and headsets"

* Auto brightness is too bright: it seems screen does not even adjust brightness. I can hold phone under light or cover the light sensor, there is no response with screen brightness. At night when in bed, the screen is too bright, like the sensor cant tell.

* Muffled voice calls: My GF and I both have Titans. Calling one another, the voice is badly muffled. Seems like its the device's Mic.

*Speaker Volume- Is that really a bug or more of a personal prefrince?

*Bluetooth copadibility isn't a Titan bug ether some Bluetooth devices just aren't copadible with other devices. HTC Titan Bluetooth specs-v2.1 with A2DP, EDR

*My auto brightness is working fine is anyone else having issues with the auto brightness not adjusting?

*No one has complained to me yet I will ask some people on calls over the next few days. Is anyone else having issue with muffled voice in calls?

rx74ray

Nov 7, 2011
Visit site
*Speaker Volume- Is that really a bug or more of a personal prefrince?

*Bluetooth copadibility isn't a Titan bug ether some Bluetooth devices just aren't copadible with other devices. HTC Titan Bluetooth specs-v2.1 with A2DP, EDR

*My auto brightness is working fine is anyone else having issues with the auto brightness not adjusting?

*No one has complained to me yet I will ask some people on calls over the next few days. Is anyone else having issue with muffled voice in calls?
Thanks for the response,

in regards to "speaker Volume", level 1/30 should be whisper quite. When I am at work I cannot view any videos on my phone since it is too loud. Simply 2 cubes over they can hear someone is doing something not work related. lol
on my iPhone I could adjust the volume to be much softer than this Titan. (not that I am missing iPhone hehe).

jeremyshaw

Oct 21, 2011
Visit site
Focus and titan I had both have loud 1/30 volumes. Focus S was about as quiet as my iPhone 3gs at near min. I dunno why, really. :( All four are about the same at min on my ath m50s headphones.

Sent from my PI39100 using Board Express

jeremyshaw

Oct 21, 2011
Visit site
Also, my win key looks like that, too. Also gave a bit of light bleeding corresponding to those three keys, though it is only visible in a dark environment.

Dave Blake

Jan 11, 2008
Visit site
Also, my win key looks like that, too. Also gave a bit of light bleeding corresponding to those three keys, though it is only visible in a dark environment.

I have a small amount of light bleed under my capactive buttons as well.

kevm14

Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
Well, I have a list...

I actually agree with both of these. 1/30 should be quieter for system volume.

And after your comment, I tested mine under a halogen lamp and saw no response at all. Now I'm wondering if it's working at all.

Rocket_Girl

Sep 6, 2011
Visit site
My primary concern is network speed. I have already posted in the Linked thread (above). My speeds on wi-fi only are amazing (ranging from 11 to 18+ mbps down) On cellular, all below 2mbps down/ less than 1up; more often barely 1 down. This is big. And bad- for us for sure but also for the reputation of WP 7.5 phones. If the flagship device gets a bad reputation for being slow, WPOs is jacked. And that would stink for all of us. Are you listening, MS? HTC? ATT?

jvaudio27

Dec 4, 2011
Visit site
Has anyone noticed that the Bluetooth volume is extremely low? Using 3 different bluetooth headsets, I cannot hear anyone on the other end in all but the most quiet of environments.

netlistsmatch

Dec 4, 2011
Visit site
I'm having issues with coming through as muffled as well. I'm told the problem gets slightly better if I remove the back-plate, but that doesn't really constitute a fix. Hopefully this isn't a design flaw (is this happening to anyone with an unlocked titan?) and is actually just a bad batch of microphones.

jeremyshaw

Oct 21, 2011
Visit site
I agree on the backlight one. I know it can adjust to be brighter (using a lamp doesn't work... You do not know how naturally and quickly your eyes adjust), however, it never seems to reach min brightness.

kevm14

Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
My primary concern is network speed. I have already posted in the Linked thread (above). My speeds on wi-fi only are amazing (ranging from 11 to 18+ mbps down) On cellular, all below 2mbps down/ less than 1up; more often barely 1 down. This is big. And bad- for us for sure but also for the reputation of WP 7.5 phones. If the flagship device gets a bad reputation for being slow, WPOs is jacked. And that would stink for all of us. Are you listening, MS? HTC? ATT?

Agreed. There is nothing else that is a "deal breaker." They better figure this out.

kevm14

Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
As I posted in another thread, another problem I seem to be having is if I turn off WiFi then immediately try to use 4G. I drove through town and it still didn't work. I had to use airplane mode to "reset" the radio connection. What's really odd is last time I had this problem I swear a reboot didn't fix it. And I can pretty much make it happen by turning off WiFi then immediately trying to use 4G.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
COME ON WIN ANDROID (ADI)