The Verge reviews the Radar

TaliZorah

Sep 27, 2011
Visit site
They didn't like that the speaker was in the back of the phone? Don't like 80% of smartphones do it this way now? At least most HTC devices do.

As for them saying the Arrive doesn't feel much different I will agree with that in the sense of performance but bigger (by .1 inch) screen, front camera, faster 1ghz processor, better battery life, FREE internet sharing and visual voicemail (which I understand is the only phone in the US that does those last two for free).

I mean if they are going to talk about call quality they should talk about the other features that the carrier uses that other carriers don't. Sprint doesn't even allow for visual voicemail or internet sharing on the Arrive.

One last point... the Arrive has been reviewed by others as having the best camera on a WP7 phone for taking indoor / low-light pictures. I can definitely tell a difference between it and my Arrive.

I dunno, I am super bias towards the Radar but it just seems like some of the reviews I read for it completely omit a lot of the reasons I bought it.

Mike-Mike

Oct 14, 2011
Visit site
If you look at their other ratings, they gave the Radar a pretty good review and the Titan a really good review. There didn't seem to be a lot of high numbers passed out

microhaxo#WP

Nov 24, 2010
Visit site
I had the radar for all of 2 hours. The call quality is very poor. Sounded very muffled and tinny. Like the speaker was blown. Compared to my hd7 and even a G2 the earpiece sound was 100% unacceptable. I returned it immediately and am still on my hd7.

Other than that the device felt solid and the screen looked great. The speed improvements weren't very noticeable between the hd7 and radar when browsing the internet or anything else. I mainly noticed when loading games.

Im going to hang onto the hd7 till spring and see if tmobile can get their heads out of their asses and get a flagship device like the titan or better.

Kahuna Cowboy

May 25, 2011
Visit site
Just for reference:

The Verge gave the Radar a 7.2

They also gave the new Nexus an 8.6 and their managing editor Josh Topolski rants and raves about his love for his Nexus, he is also the one who gave it an 8.6

They gave the Lumia 800 a 7.8

They also gave the iPhone 4S a 8.6

... and they gave the Titan a 7.7

Considering the Radar is the lower end WP phone from HTC it's a fair score. The Verge just grades really tough and anything over 7 is doing well.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rorymi6