Keyboard/sound lag when sound is turned on

chrome14

Dec 8, 2011
Visit site
Hello. Great forum you guys have here.

Just got a Titan, my first Windows phone.

Everything seems ok, just trying most things out.

I always experience a slight lag when typing the first letter, then the lag goes away. If I stop typing for about 5 seconds, when I start again, again, the first letter delays in appearing and then the rest of the typing is smooth. Noticed this happens when the sound is on. When sound is off, no lag whatsoever. Text message, web urls, emails, doesn't matter. If the sound is on, the first letter always delays in appearing. The rest is buttery smooth.

Noticed reading the other forums, this happens a lot on the Samsung Focus S. Different phone makers so I take it this is a Windows/Microsoft problem?

Anyone else get this on the Titan?

Thanks again. Great forum.

TheWeeBear

Jan 9, 2011
Visit site
Just got my Titan yesterday and it doesn't appear to have any lag on the first letter when typing. Tried waiting for 5 seconds and retyped, still no lag. Sound is on by the way.

Welcome along to WPCentral chrome14. :)

cyrus_the_great

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site

I always experience a slight lag when typing the first letter, then the lag goes away. If I stop typing for about 5 seconds, when I start again, again, the first letter delays in appearing and then the rest of the typing is smooth. Noticed this happens when the sound is on. When sound is off, no lag whatsoever. Text message, web urls, emails, doesn't matter. If the sound is on, the first letter always delays in appearing. The rest is buttery smooth.

Noticed reading the other forums, this happens a lot on the Samsung Focus S. Different phone makers so I take it this is a Windows/Microsoft problem?

I can't help You with your question 'cause I don't own one yet, but "Welcome chrome14".

Dave Blake

Mod and Ambassador Team Emeritus
Jan 11, 2008
Visit site
Welcome to the WPC..... Yay Bear got his Titan... Sorry OCD.... Must concentrate stay on topic.... I have seen some lag but it's not consistent like you say. I'll try to see if I can establish a pattern.

jenashley

Nov 22, 2011
Visit site

Speaking of lag, is it bad that I dreamed about that last night? I dreamed that I was typing and it was horrible - words not showing up for seconds after i moved on to the next word. Not getting much sleep these days.

Anyways, so far I've noticed no lag what-so-ever and the sound is pretty much always on. Perhaps (probably not related), turn off your SRS enhancement for sound and see if it's still there?

chrome14

Dec 8, 2011
Visit site
I did turn off the SRS enhancement having seen on youtube the problems it can cause with some games. Still had the problem with lagging on the first character.

Anyway, last night after having messed around with the phone all night, the battery died on me (my fault). So I plug it in to charge, head to bed and when I started messing around with the phone again this morning, most of that lag is now gone. Definitely not as bad as last night. Only place where it hasn't improved is when I pull up the dialing pad to dial a number, the first number lags. But the rest, web urls, text messages, email is I'd say 90% better. Hardly any lag.

*shrugs shoulders*

Thanks again for the kind responses.

Speaking of lag, is it bad that I dreamed about that last night? I dreamed that I was typing and it was horrible - words not showing up for seconds after i moved on to the next word. Not getting much sleep these days.

Anyways, so far I've noticed no lag what-so-ever and the sound is pretty much always on. Perhaps (probably not related), turn off your SRS enhancement for sound and see if it's still there?

Last edited:

PerryShops

Dec 18, 2011
Visit site

You bet someone else is getting this. EXACTLY as you describe it. I did a google search for HTC titan keyboard lag - only when first typing - and finding your post makes me feel a little less crazy! I registered so I could reply and let everyone know there is something going on here that may be a fairly widespread problem.

Perhaps this only affects a specific batch of titans? I got mine from Amazon last week... I'm in the states - at&t (don't think other carriers offer this, do they?)

Anyways... It's terribly annoying and hope that:
1. A fix of some sort is found.
2. I don't start dreaming of this as well! ;)

Cheers ~ Perry

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tallgeeselll05